Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Wait a sec. It is true that I knew by Tuesday evening about health issues in Aris family.

But at the same time I had a Wednesday's deadline to prepare the title of the show, list of participants, their pictures, create links and so on.

It was my intention to have all three candidates on the show. And I've spoken to all of them. Aris was noncommittal during our phone call, that's why I've explained to him that if he decided to go ahead with the show I would need his commitment in writing with his picture by Tuesday evening. To make it clear Michael Barron reminded him to send me email as well (around 8 PM).

When I've said that I was ignored I meant that by Tuesday night I was expecting Aris' email advising me one way or another about Aris' intentions about the show. The poster was created on Wednesday and went public on Thursday. To make the long story short I haven't got Aris' email by Tuesday evening. Had to proceed anyway. Were there any options then? Please explain. One more thing. What is it I did intentionally according to you? Need you to explain.

Sasha Starr, a VM.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 02-19-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Christopher,
    Thank you for your comments. However you are wrong. There is no explanation of any kind making me look worse as you've proposed. Also I'm not misleading anyone.
    I've explained Aris that I need his reply in writing with his picture by the end of Tuesday. If he would've told me in the morning that he is not going to participate I would've not asked him for the confirming email. Got it? And just be careful accusing me with "misleading everyone".
    To me it looks that Christopher is correct here.

Christopher is correct? It looks to you? Really! So is Karl Marx! LOL!

Christopher is correct? It looks to you? Really! So is Karl Marx! LOL!
    This is not ChessTalk. Trolling is not welcome here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Filipovich

I have known Victor for many years, not just as a fierce opponent over the chess board, but also as an exceptionally decent human being; and I firmly believe that he would be a very strong FIDE Representative for the CFC.
    How would I describe Victor Plotkin? Here goes …

1. Always has the best interests of chess and all chess players at heart.
    2. Possesses a great talent for hard work.
    3. Has a lot of international knowledge & experience.
    4. An excellent practical problem solver.
    5. A straight arrow; a truth seeker.
    6. A long-term strategic thinker; patient and determined.
    7. Confident and courageous, but also humble.
    8. Gets along very well with others; likes people. Balanced, fair and succinct.
    9. Open minded; a learner.
    10. A true sportsman with impeccable manners. A measured optimist.

These are the reasons I believe that Victor is an ideal candidate to start filling Hal Bond’s very large shoes.

Sincerely,

David Filipovich
    I have known David since we were both in our teens. I have posted this because the delays in getting approved for posting did not allow this to take place in a timely manner. David is well known as a Toronto area master who has played in many Canadian Closed tournaments. Most people from the Toronto area are quite familiar with him. Nice guy and a great example for our younger players to emulate.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 02-19-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members,
    For any one who has any ounce of integrity, responsibility and ethics, Vadim is absolutely not qualified to hold neither a voting member nor a CFC delegate. From what I have gathered, his case is over for me.

Vadim is a member of the "CORE MANAGEMENT TEAM of FIDE". Vadim can not represent you, as a Canadian, to FIDE. You can not represent us to "yourself" damn it!!.
    Vadim is a leading member of CMA (VP), Clearly competing with CFC in geographical domain (Canada) and the target group (youth). Acting against the best interests of CFC.

Vadim, why are you so adamant that you must/need to hold the following positions simultaneously? Especially when we have others who are willing to stand!
    -FIDE Management Team
    -VP of CMA
    -Voting Member of CFC
    -CFC representative to FIDE

Only in dictatorships and Banana Republics this could happen. Therefore, I am pleading with you and urging all of you, the voting members, to disqualify Vadim form any CFC governing position.

Vadim, IS THIS WHY YOU DID NOT INVITE ME, and tens of other voting members, TO YOUR "ZOOM PRESENTATION"?? The CFC is not your house nor is it your fiefdom. You do not own the CFC.

Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members, please be warned and herby informed that if you do not disqualify Vadim, I will not hesitate to, and I will go public with this. This is shame to Canada, and shame to our federation.

This is my duty and it is YOUR duty as well.
    I was asking Mahmud Hassain a few times to explain what he's gathered about Vadim Tsypin which led him to such a negative post. The absence of his reply speaks by itself. So I'm trying to understand his motives. Obvious question is who are possible beneficiaries of his post. The answer is not terribly difficult: remaining two candidates. And I'm surprised that so far they haven't commented on this horrendous message. In fact it is alarming to think that they are in agreement with it? Or maybe even somehow associated with it? Hope not. Therefore I'm kindly asking both Aris and Victor to condemn Mahmud Hassain's message forthwith.
    Sasha Starr, VM.

I was asking Mahmud Hassain a few times to explain what he's gathered about Vadim Tsypin which led him to such a negative post. The absence of his reply speaks by itself.
    Sasha, you shall not expect everyone to answer your question the next minute.

I would suggest to talk with the first source - Hal Bond.
    .*-1

Hal Bond??? What does he have to do with all this???
    No, I don't expect the answer for any question the next minute. I've asked Mahmud Hassain my question more then 24 hours ago.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 02-19-2021 at 11:35 AM.

The forum has issues with approving new forum users. Some of those users want to post support for candidates here.

If anyone need to post immediately without waiting the final approval, within a reasonable time frame I can help with that. My email is on the CFC website https://www.chess.ca/en/cfc/personnel
    Vlad has already posted one request as well.
    .*-1

Hal Bond??? What does he have to do with all this???
    Sasha, I wrote already - "with the first source"
    .*-1

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast