Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 4.1 Nomination of Candidates for President

Reading all these BS, one thought - the online meeting is the least suitable form for for elections.

Can both nominees write each other in private their comments to each other? There are already not many Governors participate in discussions, and only less will do in future if the tone will be kept as now.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Valer raises a very good point. Garry made some enemies with the IOC with his calls to boycott the Sochi Winter Olympics. Kirsan has made some promising inroads in this area.
    So you think that Gary made enemies by trying to boycott the Sochi Olympics? Its false. He encouraged the athletes to go and simply said that sponsors should have things like rainbow coalition flags as a form of protest. He also said world leaders should not go. He did not make enemies in the IOC as Vlad states.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    So you think that Gary made enemies by trying to boycott the Sochi Olympics? Its false. He encouraged the athletes to go and simply said that sponsors should have things like rainbow coalition flags as a form of protest. He also said world leaders should not go. He did not make enemies in the IOC as Vlad states.
    I saw comments about sponsors, members of the IOC and others which probably annoyed the IOC.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...garry-kasparov

"He vilified the foreign dignitaries attending, who include the Chinese president Xi Jinping, Turkish prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Japan's premier Shinzo Abe and other Asian leaders."

"No upstanding politician can come to these games," Kasparov said. "Particularly interesting [is] the role of Thomas Bach, the president of the Olympic committee. He's a German and as such he should have learned something from history. Instead he's cosying up to Putin."

I'm surprised Garry didn't put that article on his campaign website as proof of his good relationship with the IOC.

Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 07-08-2014 at 04:33 PM.

I saw comments about sponsors which annoyed the IOC.
    Links, please.

While I would be happier to see pre-meeting statements by the candidates as is typical in USCF affairs our 'culture' seems to be to fight this out at the AGM.

It's too easy for things to turn into a popularity contest and it's even worse when the process gets captured as a single issue referendum.

Blog Entries

Links, please.
    How about Garry's own tweets scroll down to the ones that suggest boycotting advertisers. I'm sure the IOC took it in stride.

http://twitchy.com/2014/01/21/garry-...s-a-sick-joke/
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 07-08-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    While I would be happier to see pre-meeting statements by the candidates as is typical in USCF affairs our 'culture' seems to be to fight this out at the AGM.

It's too easy for things to turn into a popularity contest and it's even worse when the process gets captured as a single issue referendum.
    The Voting Members have to make an important decision: have more of the same or start building the new vibrant and vital organization. I'm offering my vision, energy, business experience, connections. The form of the debates or any other process are acceptable to me.

How about Garry's own tweets scroll down to the ones that suggest boycotting advertisers. I'm sure the IOC took it in stride.

http://twitchy.com/2014/01/21/garry-...s-a-sick-joke/
    You are sure... I'll not comment on this, you could do better then that!

Blog Entries

Default Business acumen

Sasha, this business of yours that is about to go public, is it chess related?
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 07-08-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Blog Entries

You are sure... I'll not comment on this, you could do better then that!
    I could do better than that but then you would claim he was misquoted.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast