Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
The original CYCC format was that qualifiers were SUPPOSED to fund travel costs for the next stage.
Montreal to Regina for one adult plus one child, the web site will not give me the price for an unaccompanied child, but one child, and one adult is cheaper the one adult. The price $554 per ticket, there are probably hidden fees such as GST and NAV Canada. There are six categories, U8, U10, U12, U14, U16, U18, with boys and girls, this makes 12 categories. If 3 players per category qualifies, we have 36 players and the total price of the airplane tickets would be $19,944 .

I am in favour of the principle that the qualifier should pay for the travel price, the problem is practical, where can I find $20,000 and this is very conservative, based on only 3 qualified players per section. Only CMA could afford such expenditure.

If you take into account the fact that Quebec has 17 regions each of which could organize a regional qualifier, $339,048 would be required. Off course, many regions do not have any significant number of young players.

I live in region 14, but I cannot rule out opening the qualifier to the neighbouring regions 15 and 04, but I would still be unable to pay the travelling fess of everybody.