I feel disgusted about this. The Pan Am conflict should have constituted an extraordinary circumstance for the top 3 players by rating in each age group. Since they would have to pay 300$ to the CFC Youth Program fund if they skip the CYCC anyway, why not just use that money to ensure that there was adequate funding to ensure the flights were paid for etc? Imo, this would have generated more revenue for the CYCC since if these kids chose to go to the Pan Ams anyway, then the CYCC would have lost their entry fee regardless. Furthermore this would allow youth outside the top 3 to have a chance to have an all expenses paid for trip to the WYCC and a national title. It seems this would have promoted more chess for Canadian Youth.

Furthermore it seems ridiculous that a rule that was created to allow for more juniors to be able to play in the WYCC, is restricting one of our promising youth players from participating. It really irks me when the CFC gets in the way of things like this, especially when the player was representing our country at another youth venue.

Therefore since the deadline for registration for the WYCC has been extended until the 25th of September, I feel that the exec should quickly re-examine this case assuming that Jiaxin (Dora) Lui still wishes to play and will conform to the rules regarding 1012.Participation in the World Events section e.