Thread: 5A-6 New Business

Blog Entries

Default 5A-6 New Business

This is the thread for new business.

◾To increase the number of CFC-rated tournaments across Canada, I would kindly like to ask Bob Gillanders to offer a free 1-hour training Zoom course on SwissSys a few times a year. I personally think we would have quite a few people interested.

◾New Clubs: I was approached by Brian MacLeod the other day, and he asked me if CFC can help him start a chess club in Windsor. He is interested in any help CFC can provide. I wonder if we can allocate some funds for this/or provide some discounts through Chess and Math Association.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
    ◾To increase the number of CFC-rated tournaments across Canada, I would kindly like to ask Bob Gillanders to offer a free 1-hour training Zoom course on SwissSys a few times a year. I personally think we would have quite a few people interested.

◾New Clubs: I was approached by Brian MacLeod the other day, and he asked me if CFC can help him start a chess club in Windsor. He is interested in any help CFC can provide. I wonder if we can allocate some funds for this/or provide some discounts through Chess and Math Association.
    He should contact me but it might be better to join an existing club at least to start. I field such emails all the time. There are discounts on the Strategy and Games site for clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
    I have often had this same thought. In fact, I did hold an in person session at the Mississauga club a couple of years ago. In prepping for it, I discovered there are some excellent instructive videos on the SwissSys website. I highly recommend them. But yes, I will see about a zoom training session.

I would also like to do a zoom session to help with JustGo membership system. Funny story here, I did hold such a session in the early days of JustGo. It was a disaster. I didn't know it well enough myself at the time, it was just embarrassing. But I know more now, and I can always turn the mic over to George if I lose my way.

So yes, we should plan on some zoom training. Remind me in the coming days when I forget.

Thanks for agreeing to do this. �� I will remind you and we will schedule a Training Zoom Session for SwissSys for all those who wish to be trained.