Thread: Does the CFC still issue class player and master+ level certificates?

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Question Does the CFC still issue class player and master+ level certificates?

Does anyone know if the CFC still issues class player and master+ level certificates? If so, are they free [still]?

A friend suggested to me that if someone wishes to start teaching chess, a sort of chess resume may prove useful (say if the aspiring teacher is new to an area that's short of clubs or organized chess). For this purpose, useful may be certificates or provable achievements or awards (the latter might be hard to come by unless a trophy or newspaper clipping can be shown [in my case all are long thrown away] - also, referring someone unfamiliar to organized chess to the CFC's online ratings list might not motivate them to look or to figure out what they mean, if the CFC does not have an explanation of the rating system handy and prominent).

I don't know if every Canadian chess master+ has a bio somewhere online (say on David Cohen's old site), but that could be useful, too. The CFC could try to put together such a list itself one of these years, perhaps.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Usually, I approve the NA application and Bob Gillanders issues certificate. For free.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Thanks Victor.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.