Thread: 13. Adjournment & Closing Comments by Chair

Blog Entries

Default 13. Adjournment & Closing Comments by Chair

Dear Voting Members,

I wish to convey my sincere gratitude to each and every one of you who participated in this meeting. It brings me immense joy to announce that all members of the board will be returning for another year, and we wholeheartedly thank you for reposing your trust in us. This past year saw minimal turnover, and membership numbers we have not seen in decades, marking it as one of our most promising years in terms of growth and optimism.

Thank you to everyone who stood for office for everything from the board of directors to committees, to the Foundation and our rating auditor.

Congratulations to the winning bid for the Canadian Youth Chess Championship and Canadian Open from Surrey, BC for 2025. All three bids were excellent and promising. It is too bad that we couldn't accept all three.

In regards to the Chess Federation of Canada (CFC), our journey to recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic remains on a positive trajectory. We foresee a greater number of Canadians taking part in over-the-board chess tournaments in the coming months and the year ahead. We have opportunities to extend our reach and deepen our relationships with the existing members.

With this, I officially adjourn the meeting, and the discussion threads will soon be closed for further posting at the posted time.

I'd like to reiterate our appreciation for your active participation. Your commitment to the CFC and chess in Canada is truly valued. To our esteemed voting members, your continuous support is acknowledged and cherished. To all our members, we extend our heartfelt gratitude for entrusting us with the opportunity to serve you. Rest assured, we will strive diligently each day to maintain your support and trust. Lets make the coming year even better than the last year.

Best regards,

Vladimir Drkulec
    President,
    Chess Federation of Canada
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 09-17-2023 at 07:39 PM.