Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10. Bids for 2023 and 2024 Events and beyond

Dear President Drkulec, Executives and Voting Members,

On behalf of the Organizing Committee for Guelph-2025, I wish to thank you in advance for your consideration.

First, I wish to highlight a possible conflict of interest on my part. While being on the organizing committee, I am also a VM. I am kindly asking you to rule on this topic.

Second, to clarify the question of expenses, we are committing to a MINIMUM 100% of entry fees to the Open be returned as a prize fund. No mistake in this statement! Yes, that could be as much as $100,000 with 400 players.
    Our model and plan is that all expenses be paid by corporate sponsorships, in kind, donations and public contribution. For over a year, we have been doing our home work and we are hoping to change how important Chess events in Canada be organized.

This Committee has over 120 years commutative chess playing and organizing. In addition, it includes past CFC President and past CFC Executive Director and past CFC Youth Coordinator. We hope you support our bid. Meanwhile, we invite you to voice any question you may have.

Sincerely,
    Mahmud
    Last edited by Mahmud Hassain; 09-12-2023 at 12:04 AM.

Blog Entries

We want voting members involved in organizing tournaments. You are allowed to vote for your own submission. There is no conflict if you believe that it is the best bid from the point of view of the CFC. There are voting members involved in every bid, I believe, and that is a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    We want voting members involved in organizing tournaments. You are allowed to vote for your own submission. There is no conflict if you believe that it is the best bid from the point of view of the CFC. There are voting members involved in every bid, I believe, and that is a very good thing.
    Thank you, President Drkulec.
    Just wanted to make sure all is appropriate!
    Mahmud

https://www-files.chess.ca/cfc/bids/2025-co-cycc/

It is a "cover page" that has links to the bid documents themselves. That way if there are any more revisions to bids, the link to "cover page" will stay the same (no need to re-distribute) but the cover page will be changed to point to the latest revised bids.

-------- Don Parakin, CFC Webmaster, chess.ca

Currently there are two bids from BC near Vancouver for the 2025 Canadian Youth Chess Championship and Canadian Open Chess Championship. Hal Bond's bid for Guelph should be available on Tuesday.
    Hi Don,
    No matter how I searched, the Guelph bid is not easily or readily available for VM's consideration.
    I am asking you to rectify
    Thank you
    Mahmud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Hi Don,
    No matter how I searched, the Guelph bid is not easily or readily available for VM's consideration.
    I am asking you to rectify
    Thank you
    Mahmud
    The bid as presented seems readily available to me. Is anyone else unable to access one or more of the bids at the following link?

Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 09-12-2023 at 01:38 AM.

On my Laptop, it still does not show. Not sure what the glitch is.
    Guelph's bid still does not show.
    Please correct me if I were wrong! But here it is black!

The bid as presented seems readily available to me. Is anyone else unable to access one or more of the bids at the following link?

Works for me, I've been able to see all three bids for 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Chu View Post
    Works for me, I've been able to see all three bids for 2025
    Here it is BLACK. Coming soon! BUT, I saw it on my smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Here it is BLACK. Coming soon! BUT, I saw it on my smart phone.
    Mahmud, I've sent you an email. Let's resolve this offline. Thanks. (FYI, I added buttons to the cover page to help finding the clickable links)
    Last edited by Don Parakin; 09-12-2023 at 03:21 AM.

We have excellent bids for 2025 CYCC-CO. A tough choice for VMs.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast