Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 10. Bids for 2023 and 2024 Events and beyond

I have high regards for the Guelph proposal organizers and totally trust their integrity. I just would like to point out that the current bidding procedure is faulty and should be fixed.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lo View Post
    I have high regards for the Guelph proposal organizers and totally trust their integrity. I just would like to point out that the current bidding procedure is faulty and should be fixed.

Michael
    Yes, we agree.

If there is sufficient agreement that the bid structure needs some work, what is the process to make it happen?
    Don Hack
    CFC Voting Member

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lo View Post
    Accepting proposal(s) after other proposals went public is unfair, it is unethical if it is intentional. It does not matter whether the information in the publicized proposals are being used as an advantage or not. It also does not matter whether it is a "strict business deal" or not. It is simply not fair.

A bidding procedure without a bid submission deadline is faulty and should be fixed. As simple as have a rule that all proposals to be discussed in the AGM must be submitted 3 days before the AGM starts.

Michael
    The bid submission deadline under the old handbook for the 2025 CYCC/CO is any time during the AGM in 2024. Realistically the only bids that could do anything with data from another bid are the two Vancouver area bids since they are playing in the same pond and competing against each other for the same class of voting members which are those who would like to see the 2025 tournament in the Vancouver area. They were released simultaneously. In their final form most bids look very similar because they are often put together with the help of the tourism bureaus.

It is unusual to have multiple bids. Usually there is one bid.

All bids are competing with each other, not just the two Vancouver bids.

If we agree that there is an issue, in order to avoid it in the future, why don't we fix it.

Thanks for putting all the work in all the bids. Hotel and sports arena sound like wonderful venues. And I'm sure the organizers are going to do a wonderful job whoever gets selected.

Just for everyone's reference, I did some math counting kids from all provinces from the last CYCC in Calgary. Here it is:

Girls:
    ON - 44
    BC - 16
    AB - 12

Boys (Open):
    ON - 171
    BC - 99
    AB - 65

Have a wonderful day!

Is that the entire count? I can't imagine that a Calgary event couldn't draw anyone from SK or MB though no question those are our 3 largest affiliated federations.

Hello Lyle,

In the now-closed thread titled "1. Agenda and Opening Comments of Chair", the "RESULTS OF VOTING" post
    https://www.chesscanada.info/forum/s...5823#post45823
    has an unfortunate typo.

RESULTS OF VOTING

For the 2025 CYCC and Canadian Open:

Surrey BC Van City Juniors to Masters (26) Alina Calota Brandon Zhu Christina Tao David Ludwig Diana Tsypina Don Hack Don Parakin Fred McKim ian findlay Jason Manley Lyle Craver Marc Moisan Mark S. Dutton, I.A. Michael Barron Murray Chu Paul Leblanc Richard Bowes Ryan Leong Sean Wu Tyler Sanderson Umang Banatwala Victor Plotkin Victor Zheng Victoria Doknjas Vlad Rekhson Vladimir Drkulec

Surrey BC Van City Juniors to Masters(9) et al Anthony Boron Brian Clarke Egidijus Zeromskis Frank Lee Jeremy Clark Mahmud Hassain Olga Mushtaler Patrick McDonald Vladimir Semyonov

Burnaby BC Penny Chess Club: (3) Aris Marghetis Michael Lo pennypham

Abtain (2): Roger Langen Victor Itkin

Total Votes Cast: 40
    The second option - the one that received nine votes - should read "Guelph, ON".

Default Thank you CFC President Vlad Drkulec, CFC Executives, and CFC Voting Members!

Thank you CFC President Vlad Drkulec, CFC Executives, and CFC Voting Members!

It is gratifying to see so many of the CFC Voting Members representing the many different provinces across Canada having the confidence in our Organizing Team of Vancity Chess and Juniors to Masters Chess Academy (JtM) by awarding us the Canadian Open and CYCC to host in Surrey, BC in 2025.

Big thank yous to Vlad Rekhson, Vlad Drkulec, Fred McKim, and Ian Findlay for their public endorsements of our Surrey, BC bid. I have previously worked with and/or attended their events in the past, and their successful events will be good reference points for our team as we move forward to making the 2025 Canadian Open and CYCC memorable events.

I also want to thank the many other CFC Voting Members who reached out privately to root for us, letting us know that they are supporting our Surrey, BC bid. Thank you, your encouragement and support mean a great deal to us. Similarly, to the Canadian Chess Community at large who expressed their congratulations and support – thank you!

Also, sincere appreciation to Hal Bond who was so kind, and congratulated our Team today. You are a class act, Mr. Hal Bond!

And finally, I want to acknowledge our AMAZING Organizing Team of Tyler Sanderson, GM Gergely Szabo, Murray Chu, Mats Sanderson, and Paul Leblanc -- they are simply the BEST to work with! And, hey Team, guess what? The CFC Executives and CFC Voting Members just awarded us 100s upon 100s of additional hours of chess organization work! Looking forward to working more with this OUTSTANDING crew on the 2025 Canadian Open and CYCC in Surrey, BC.

Best Regards,

Victoria Doknjas
    Co-Chair - Organizing Committee on behalf of:
    Vancity Chess and Juniors to Masters Chess Academy, Hosts of the 2025 Canadian Open and Canadian Youth Chess Championship (CYCC) in Surrey, BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Doknjas View Post
    Thank you CFC President Vlad Drkulec, CFC Executives, and CFC Voting Members!

It is gratifying to see so many of the CFC Voting Members representing the many different provinces across Canada having the confidence in our Organizing Team of Vancity Chess and Juniors to Masters Chess Academy (JtM) by awarding us the Canadian Open and CYCC to host in Surrey, BC in 2025.

Big thank yous to Vlad Rekhson, Vlad Drkulec, Fred McKim, and Ian Findlay for their public endorsements of our Surrey, BC bid. I have previously worked with and/or attended their events in the past, and their successful events will be good reference points for our team as we move forward to making the 2025 Canadian Open and CYCC memorable events.

I also want to thank the many other CFC Voting Members who reached out privately to root for us, letting us know that they are supporting our Surrey, BC bid. Thank you, your encouragement and support mean a great deal to us. Similarly, to the Canadian Chess Community at large who expressed their congratulations and support – thank you!

Also, sincere appreciation to Hal Bond who was so kind, and congratulated our Team today. You are a class act, Mr. Hal Bond!

And finally, I want to acknowledge our AMAZING Organizing Team of Tyler Sanderson, GM Gergely Szabo, Murray Chu, Mats Sanderson, and Paul Leblanc -- they are simply the BEST to work with! And, hey Team, guess what? The CFC Executives and CFC Voting Members just awarded us 100s upon 100s of additional hours of chess organization work! Looking forward to working more with this OUTSTANDING crew on the 2025 Canadian Open and CYCC in Surrey, BC.

Best Regards,

Victoria Doknjas
    Co-Chair - Organizing Committee on behalf of:
    Vancity Chess and Juniors to Masters Chess Academy, Hosts of the 2025 Canadian Open and Canadian Youth Chess Championship (CYCC) in Surrey, BC.
    Thank you for a wonderful post Victoria!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast