Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5A-2 DISCUSSION - Chess after COVID

When juniors acquire a (free) membership number there is no expiry date shown on the CFC website. When they later enter regular tournaments, organizers have to explain to them that they do not have a current membership. I mentioned this to Bob with a recommendation that the system shows an expiry date of their most recent junior tournament. Unfortunately, the staff work involved to make this happen is prohibitive but maybe a consideration next time we renew the membership process.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Actually the kids can register for a CFC number without having to pay a membership. Our youth coordinator Christina Tao has walked many players through the process in order to allow them to play in her tournaments here in Windsor and elsewhere.
    Is a process documented somewhere? Where should I send parents/kids to get CFC #?
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Is a process documented somewhere? Where should I send parents/kids to get CFC #?
    https://www.chess.ca/en/players/membership-join/

Q & A

To become a CFC member, you must complete BOTH steps: 1) create an id on “JustGo” and 2) buy a CFC membership.
    Create a “JustGo” id

• Click this button to go to “JustGo”:

• On the “JustGo” log-in page, click the “Sign Up” button located near the bottom right side.
    • On the Sign Up page, enter ALL your information
      • For Provincial Association, select the province in which you reside.
      • IMPORTANT! Remember your “JustGo” password.
      • Click the “Sign Up” button at the bottom.

• On the Agreements & Opt-ins page, just click “Accept & Continue”.
    • Next you should see your home page within “JustGo”.
      • If it appears, close the pop-up window (click the “X”).

• IMPORTANT! Remember your CFC number. You will need to provide it when you enter CFC-rated tournaments. Also, you can use it later to log in to “JustGo” again (with your password; remember it too).
    • You now have a CFC number but you do not yet have an active CFC membership. Follow the instructions below to buy a CFC membership.

Go to “JustGo” (use the button below). If you are not already logged in, you will see the log in page:

• In the Username box (the 1st box), enter your CFC number.
    • In the Password box (the 2nd box), enter your password.

Once logged in, follow the instructions below to buy a CFC membership.

Buy a CFC Membership

• While logged in to “JustGo”, click “Membership” in the top menu bar.
    • Click the membership type you want to buy:
    • The membership types available to you based on your age and provincial affilation (set within your profile) are shown. Click a type:
    • The membership type is now selected. To go the the “shopping cart” to complete the process, click the cart icon (top right)
    • Continue your purchase (similar to other web stores).

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    If you click on the green button "Join the CFC" on the website homepage,
    it will walk you thru the process. Most people are able to navigate the system okay, but admittedly a significant portion of club officials and members (new & renewing) are having troubles.

I tried a zoom session last year to help, but we were still learning the ropes at the time. We understand the problems much better now.
    It is time to try the zoom education sessions again.

We'll keep the first one at least for CFC people, club officials, volunteers, who want to understand the membership system better, and willing to help others as well.
    First session will be next week. Let me know if you are interested and what times would be good. Maybe we'll setup a few sessions with just a few people so we can adequately answer all questions.

Thanks Vlad. Looks like we were posting at the same time.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 06-01-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Bob, I know some people who would be interested in learning how to navigate Swiss Sys and do tournaments there. Would it be possible to do a Zoom meeting for this one as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
    Bob, I know some people who would be interested in learning how to navigate Swiss Sys and do tournaments there. Would it be possible to do a Zoom meeting for this one as well?
    Sure, we could do that. I did do an in-person session at the Mississauga Chess a few months ago, a primer for using SwissSys.
    When I was preparing for the session, I discovered some instruction videos on the SwissSys website. So I learned a few things too.

We could try a zoom meeting.
    If you want to assemble a small group, we'll set it up.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; 06-01-2023 at 09:36 PM.

Thnx. I think that will be sufficient now
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
    imho, when I was looking at the pairing systems Swiss-Manager looked simpler, gave needed output, and easy to post results online (chess-results.com).
    .*-1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12