Thread: Jorge Vega (1935-2023)

Default Jorge Vega (1935-2023)

He was a very long time the President of FIDE-Americas. Rest in piece.

This is very sad news but not entirely unexpected. He looked pretty frail in Mexico last February. We worked together throughout my time as Delegate and as an Arbiter abroad, where he was frequently chosen to serve on the Appeals Committee. We would get together between rounds in Moscow or Khanty Mansiysk to drown a few sorrows, share a few dreams.

He lived a remarkable life. As a young man he soldiered with the legendary Che Guevara. He would speak that period with great fondness - he never felt so free.
    Rest in peace Jorge. I will not forget you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    This is very sad news but not entirely unexpected. He looked pretty frail in Mexico last February. We worked together throughout my time as Delegate and as an Arbiter abroad, where he was frequently chosen to serve on the Appeals Committee. We would get together between rounds in Moscow or Khanty Mansiysk to drown a few sorrows, share a few dreams.

He lived a remarkable life. As a young man he soldiered with the legendary Che Guevara. He would speak that period with great fondness - he never felt so free.
    Rest in peace Jorge. I will not forget you.
    Nice post Hal, thanks.