With the acquisition of the Magnus group of companies by chess.com, not surprisingly some consolidation was to be expected. I hadn't been aware that ichess.net was part of this group. It is and it is being folded into chessable.com with promises of discounts on the resulting chessable products for owners of the ichess.net product.

Having been a customer for some years this means that all of the streaming courses are disappearing. I had downloaded them at the time of purchase but there is a certain level of comfort in knowing that there was the ability to stream if your files disappear and now that is gone. Streaming was a relatively recent development which they only relatively recently added. Increasingly these emails had been disappearing into my spam so I often missed some of the sales. I did use up the store credit left in my account today as a result (all but about $3). Hopefully this consolidation does not reach popular sites like GingerGM which are also in the chess.com and chessable orbit.

Corporate mergers and downsizing hit the chess industry.