Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2022 RA December Open December 9, 10, 11

Default Tournament Report.

I lost my laptop Sunday Morning. The HP died but it was 2007 model. I was not backed up.

I reconstructed the tournament. Round 4 was paired before the disaster. It was interesting. I had paper records and the postings on this blog. Round 5 got paired but on the top board I had reverse as to who had white. Lucky for me I had consent.

The story of the tournament is how competitive these events are. Good on IM Shawn R-L to keep collecting the 1st prize!

Quote Originally Posted by Halldor P. Palsson View Post
    I lost my laptop Sunday Morning. The HP died but it was 2007 model. I was not backed up.

I reconstructed the tournament. Round 4 was paired before the disaster. It was interesting. I had paper records and the postings on this blog. Round 5 got paired but on the top board I had reverse as to who had white. Lucky for me I had consent.

The story of the tournament is how competitive these events are. Good on IM Shawn R-L to keep collecting the 1st prize!
    Indeed, a very strong tournament. 6 players with FIDE above 2200. Just for the comparison, tournament in Toronto, which also happened during this week-end, attracted just 1 (one) player with FIDE above 2200.

I see it as a result of a long time consistency and commitment by the organizer. Thank you, Halldor!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123