Thread: 6.2 Nominations for Chess Foundation of Canada (1-year term) (2022-2023)

Default 6.2 Nominations for Chess Foundation of Canada (1-year term) (2022-2023)

The Chess Foundation of Canada

The Chess Foundation of Canada was created as a permanent trust fund in 1960 with the objective of providing a stable, long term source of funds to the Chess Federation of Canada for the benefit of chess in Canada. Full details can be found at
    https://www.chess.ca/en/cfc/rules/cf...tion-of-canada

The Chess Fundation of Canada is governed by a committee of 5 trustees with 4 holding 4 year rotating terms and the fifth elected annually

The 2021-2022 Trustee Board was as follows:

2018-2022 Hugh Brodie
    2019-2023 Lloyd Lombard
    2020-2024 Paul Leblanc
    2021-2025 Ian Findlay
    2021-2022 Les Bunning

This means Mr Brodie and Mr Bunning will be leaving the Trustees (but both are eligible for election to a new term in 2022.

Please note that THIS thread is for nominations for the 2022-2023 1 year term. (the previous thread is for nominations to the four year term)

Please make nominations for the 1 year Foundation position here.

Nominations close 1800 Day 3 (Tuesday) with elections ASAP thereafter ending at 1800 Day 7 (Saturday)
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 09-10-2022 at 01:37 AM.

I wish to nominate Les Bunning for the 1 year term. I will nominate Hugh Brodie for the 4 year term in the other thread.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Well, it appears that Les has chosen not to stand for re-election.
    Not counting Les, we have trustees from BC, Alberta, Quebec and Nova Scotia. It would be nice to have someone from Ontario. A little bit of investment knowledge would be useful.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Agreed - I've always supported a regionally diverse board and I agree with Paul with respect to Ontario.

So at this point with one day to go for nominations we have NO CANDIDATES for this position.....

I would like to nominate Ilia Bluvshtein, the OCA president. I hope he'll accept the nomination.
    .*-1