Thread: 6.1 Nominations for Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees (2022-2026)

Default 6.1 Nominations for Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees (2022-2026)

The Chess Foundation of Canada

The Chess Foundation of Canada was created as a permanent trust fund in 1960 with the objective of providing a stable, long term source of funds to the Chess Federation of Canada for the benefit of chess in Canada. Full details can be found at
    https://www.chess.ca/en/cfc/rules/cf...tion-of-canada

The Chess Fundation of Canada is governed by a committee of 5 trustees with 4 holding 4 year rotating terms and the fifth elected annually

The 2021-2022 Trustee Board was as follows:

2018-2022 Hugh Brodie
    2019-2023 Lloyd Lombard
    2020-2024 Paul Leblanc
    2021-2025 Ian Findlay
    2021-2022 Les Bunning

This means Mr Brodie and Mr Bunning will be leaving the Trustees (but both are eligible for election to a new term in 2022.

Please note that THIS thread is for nominations for the 2022-2026 4 year term. (the next thread is for nominations to the one year term)

Please make nominations for the 4 year Foundation position here.

Nominations close 1800 Day 3 (Tuesday) with elections ASAP thereafter ending at 1800 Day 7 (Saturday)
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 09-07-2022 at 05:18 AM.

I ran last year so I could see how our funds were invested. I was quite satisfied with the results and will not run again for a foundation trustee. I am getting to old and believe that younger members should be involved. Being a past President I am still very interested in CFC affairs and will retain my life governor ship as I am frequently asked my opinion on Legal matters involving the federation.
    Les Bunning

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Les Bunning View Post
    I ran last year so I could see how our funds were invested. I was quite satisfied with the results and will not run again for a foundation trustee. I am getting to old and believe that younger members should be involved. Being a past President I am still very interested in CFC affairs and will retain my life governor ship as I am frequently asked my opinion on Legal matters involving the federation.
    Les Bunning
    We greatly appreciate your wise advice when these matters arise. Thank you, Les!

I nominate Hugh Brodie for the 4 year term
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

While not speaking for the Executive, in my years on the Executive it's fair to say that the Executive as a group has tended to view Les extremely highly and I for one was hoping he'd go for the 4 year seat this year. As a past CFC president it's clear at least to me that he's qualified for pretty much any CFC role he wants to devote his time to.