Thread: 4.2 Nominations for CFC Vice-President

Default 4.2 Nominations for CFC Vice-President

Please place your nominations for vice-president in this thread.

Nominations close at 6pm ET - day 3, elections continue through 6pm ET - day 7

Blog Entries

I have been informed by Michael Barron that he will be nominating Olga Mushtaler for the CFC Vice-President position. Olga is involved in Chess in the Park initiative which sees chess events organized in Toronto area parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Olga Mushtaler
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself before the meeting. My name is Olga and I have been actively involved in promoting chess in the Greater Toronto Area. I started and run the group called Chess in the Park (Toronto). It’s been very successful, with a rapid membership increase and titled players engagement, such as Chessbrahs. The group members enjoy playing blitz tournaments in different parks and chess tables around the city (and indoors in the winter). I would like to do more in popularizing chess in the Greater Toronto Area and throughout Canada, hence, submitting my application for Vice President position with the Chess Federation of Canada.

Please check out the video made by GM Aman Hambleton to get the feel of Chess in the Park:
    https://youtu.be/isuexYG24KI

Blog Entries

Egis Zeromskis has informed the board that he will not be seeking another term as Vice President. We would like to thank Egis for his service on the board. He has indicated that he would be concentrating on his local organizer efforts. We thank him for this as well as the CFC is built on such organizers.

Yes, I nominate Olga Mushtaler for the CFC Vice-President position.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    Yes, I nominate Olga Mushtaler for the CFC Vice-President position.

I will second the nomination though seconding is not strictly necessary. Olga has confirmed that she is interested in running.

I am willing to stand for Vice-President