Thread: 2022 North American Youth Chess Championship@Calgary, Alberta

Default 2022 North American Youth Chess Championship@Calgary, Alberta

2022 North American Youth Chess Championship 2022 @ Calgary, Alberta
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022 NAYCC poster.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	530

The Chess Federation of Canada, the Calgary Junior Chess Club and Alberta Chess Association, are very excited to invite players from the Bahamas, Canada, Mexico, and the United States to the 2022 North American Youth Chess Festival Open and Girls, from Aug 10-14 in Calgary, Alberta. The age categories are Under 8, Under 10, Under 12, Under 14, Under 16, and Under 18. Each category has an Open and Girls section. A player’s age for this tournament is his/her age as of January 1, 2022.

Official Website: https://www.naycc2022.com/NAYCC/Home/Home

Playing Venue
    Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel.
    2620 32 Ave NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Tournament Format and Time Control:
    9-Round, Swiss System, Game in 90 minutes plus 30 second increment per move.

Register directly from website : https://www.naycc2022.com/NAYCC/event/event/3275

Canadian Official Player Selection: The highest CFC/FQE regular or active rating base on the deadline date
    Official player section deadline date: Jun 1, 2022
    CFC will get a list of registered and paid participants from the organizer, the highest CFC/FQE regular or active rated player will be awarded for the official players. The provisional rating will not be considered.
    See the website for the official player benefit.

Hotel:
    Official Hotel : Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel
    Hotel Booking link : https://www.naycc2022.com/NAYCC/WebP...e/3286/Lodging
    A special NAYCC hotel rate : $129 CAN-139 CAD per night.

Regard,
    Christina
    CFC Youth Coordinator
    cfcyouthchess@gmail.com
    Last edited by Christina Tao; 05-29-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Congratulations to all players. You are awarded as the official player in the 2022 NAYCC tournament.

U08G - Chelsea Fang
    U08O - Modith Aaroh Mutyalapati

U10G – Shuang Chen
    U10O - Zachary Liu

U12G - Anaïs Chloé Fiset
    U12O- Hugo Guillemette

U16G- Yu Han Guo
    U16O- Max Rusonik

U18G- Michelle Hua
    U18O-Shawn Rodrigue-Lemieux

Christina
    CFC Youth Coordinator
    Last edited by Christina Tao; 07-25-2022 at 02:32 AM.

Johnathan Han is now registered in U18. He can't be official player for U14 since he is not playing in that section.

Who is the new U14 official player?

I understand from CFC that both officials players in U14O and U14G have lost their official player status after switching to different sections.

Maybe the organizer will be gracious enough to offer the official player benefits to other deserving players from U14O and U14G?

Hello Anabelle,

You are correct that they lost the official status. I have tried to reach out to the next person on the list, unfortunately, they did not reply to me and the hotel deadline for booking rooms has already expired so I no longer have any available rooms to offer as I released our remaining rooms for participants who were still trying to find a room. Typically, those rooms have been taken very fast of the hotel releasing it.