Thread: I totally bite at Chessable.com

Blog Entries

Default I totally bite at Chessable.com

I got an email from Chessable.com offering a review of my year using their website.

Trembling, I clicked on the link like a sinner waiting to be judged for their sins. The statistics are in and the picture is quite ugly.

I have 12,301 experience points placing me in the top 26% of chessable users.

I have studied just 7 days which puts me in the top 22% of chessable users.

For just 1 hour and 29 minutes which puts me in the top 29% of users.

My maximum streak was one day.

I have reviewed 23 variations putting me in the top 29% of users.

A total of 261 moves putting me in the top 25% of users.

My accuracy is 98%.

And they tell me to keep up the good work.

Chessable is not my primary avenue of chess study though I am trying to use it more. Probably two years ago I used it to fill in a couple of holes in my repertoire which it did quite nicely. I probably spend more time on Chesspublishing.com, ForwardChess.com and Chessbase.com and ichess.net and Mesghen Amanov's two offerings and NewInChess and going through Chess informant and New in Chess than I do on Chessable.

Anyway, hopefully I can find time to do better this year though it has not started well.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 01-26-2022 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I got an email from Chessable.com offering a review of my year using their website.

For just 1 hour and 29 minutes which puts me in the top 29% of users.

I have reviewed 23 variations putting me in the top 29% of users.
    Interesting.

Only 89 minutes of study over one full year puts you ahead of 71% of Chessable "users" !?
    This suggests that a lot of people try Chessable, but then quit very soon.

My report says that 38hrs 21min puts me in the top 6%.

It looks like Chessable is very hit-or-miss: a few people use it a lot, but most don't.

Blog Entries

I find Chessable useful but as a practical matter I have to be in the right mood to use it. Last year I was in the right mood for less than an hour and a half.

Books are my preferred way to learn and lately books on Forward Chess or Informants with the CD or DVD so that I can play through the games with chessbase software.

I suspect that my numbers were much better in 2019 when I was actually playing in tournaments. The motivator of an upcoming tournament often caused me to study and I found that I was often rewarded for my study.