Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Kingston Easter Chess (KEC) updates

Thanks for your patience, the event announcement will be out tomorrow morning in a new thread, our final review is happening this evening. We're still working another significant funding possibility, but people need to start registering and reserving hotel rooms, so we're proceeding with what we already know for sure.

We're already looking at a prize fund over $13K for 100 players (that's how many we had in 2019), which is quite nice. The announcement is fairly long and detailed, but there's a couple of points that I would like to also emphasize here and now, as they could affect your actual hotel booking tomorrow (or whenever you do it):

1) The number of people in your room will not change your room rate. However, the hotel needs you to accurately enter how many adults and children will be in the room. This is so that the hotel can effectively organize our free breakfasts every morning. Please let's help them by entering the number of people accurately.

2) The hotel is making available multiple room styles for the same low price. However, most of their rooms are double-Queen-beds. There are much fewer of other (normally more expensive) rooms available (single-Queen & Junior Suite), so if you prefer one of the latter, I encourage you click on the special link I'll post early.

Best, Aris.
    Last edited by Aris Marghetis; 03-07-2022 at 08:28 AM. Reason: reducing early-bird entry fees, so reducing prizes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12