The RA Chess Club is coming back.

Chess club nuts and bolts. There will be cards numbered from 1-40 on a table outside Court Side B. We have 20 boards six feet apart. No cards on the table - we are at capacity. See you next time.

Room opens at 6:20PM. I will not take any registrations after 6:55 PM. I will pair at 7 PM for a CFC rated game in 60 minutes plus 30 sec a move.

Game has to end at 10:30 PM and the building closes at 11 PM.

The RA sent chess club members a welcome back e-mail with the details of the process for letting us back into the building. I hope to see some of you on the 16th at the RA Center.

First few lines of RA email are reproduced below:

Welcome Back!

The RA Chess Club will return on Thursday, September 16, 2021

It is with great excitement that we announce the re-opening of the RA Chess Club after a very long 16 month closure.

Programming Information – The RA Chess Club will return Thursdays, 7:00pm to 10:30pm and Sundays, 1:00pm to 4:00pm. At this time due to mandated capacity restrictions, each session will be limited to 40 individuals and will be managed on a first-come, first-serve ticketing system upon arrival. The RA will continue to monitor restrictions and will open availability past 40 individuals once we are able to.

Membership Pricing and Season – The RA Chess Club Membership will run from September until the end of June. The RA has completed a financial review and in order to align with the RA's financial recovery plan and to offset increased costs and resources used, the Chess Club will see an increase in its annual fee. We recognize the necessary fee increase is significant, therefore in consultation with the Chess Club Chair, the RA has agreed to implement the change over three years. Members will see an annual increase of $20 in membership fees over the next three seasons.