Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 11.G Other Business

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Gamliel View Post
    The only requirement an organization can impose is proof of negative result’s testing done within 72 hours of a game. This is what the Canadian government requires travellers.
    Well, like I wrote above, there's already some other sports organizations that have announced mandatory vaccinations for anyone at the playing location.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Gamliel View Post
    The only requirement an organization can impose is proof of negative result’s testing done within 72 hours of a game. This is what the Canadian government requires travellers.

The Quebec Premier has announced that any employer can force his employees to be fully vaccinated. It is up to each employer to gauge the risk and act accordingly.

There are many activities impossible without vaccination see https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/heal...ation-passport .

The provincial Government will notify the FQE which will notify the players. An announcement is expected in September. Pending that, we cannot claim that playing chess will be allowed without a proof of vaccination. The Quebec Premier believe that an employee can be dismissed with cause if he refuses vaccination.

Blog Entries

The players are not employees. I believe Bob is fully vaccinated but I think we would be on shaky ground if we were to try to force players to be vaccinated. I think we would also be on shaky ground if we assumed that a room of fully vaccinated people is safe from the spread of some of the new COVID variants. It likely means that no one will die from catching covid but there is a great deal of room between likely and certain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Well, like I wrote above, there's already some other sports organizations that have announced mandatory vaccinations for anyone at the playing location.

In most of those cases the athletes receive funding that is administered by the sports body.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    So I guess this thread is fading. I don't get how minimums can "over"-rule provincial legal requirements, but more moot now, as this just announced re Ontario:

Ontario to institute vaccine passport system, sources say:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ng_1617_306038
    Aris,

If the CFC sets a minimum standard that has to be met, and that minimum standard sets the bar higher than what the provincial health authority does, then the CFC would be over-ruling the provincial authority's standard. For instance, if the CFC demands that masks be worn by all players in national CFC championships, and a provincial health officer has done away with that requirement for all such activities in a province holding a national championship, then the CFC would be over-ruling that health authority and setting the bar higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    In most of those cases the athletes receive funding that is administered by the sports body.
    Come on man, you weren't inside my head when I wrote:
    "there's already some other sports organizations that have announced mandatory vaccinations for anyone at the playing location."
    I was referring to sports organizations where families pay for their kids to play, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bowes View Post
    Aris,

If the CFC sets a minimum standard that has to be met, and that minimum standard sets the bar higher than what the provincial health authority does, then the CFC would be over-ruling the provincial authority's standard. For instance, if the CFC demands that masks be worn by all players in national CFC championships, and a provincial health officer has done away with that requirement for all such activities in a province holding a national championship, then the CFC would be over-ruling that health authority and setting the bar higher.
    Hello Richard, yes, I see your point now. OK, thinking cap back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    The players are not employees. I believe Bob is fully vaccinated but I think we would be on shaky ground if we were to try to force players to be vaccinated. I think we would also be on shaky ground if we assumed that a room of fully vaccinated people is safe from the spread of some of the new COVID variants. It likely means that no one will die from catching covid but there is a great deal of room between likely and certain.
    It is not for the CFC to decide. 10 provinces will decide and enforced the rules. They may decide that vaccination is required to play chess.

According to Quebec, at the beginning of the pandemic, when there was no variant, the best protection level obtainable while playing chess was 97%. This may seems low risk, unless you understand what is a Bernoulli trial and that with multiple repetitions of a Chess activity, the probability of getting COVID increases. At the 23rd repetition of an experiment with a probability of success of 0.03, you already have a probability of more the 0.5 to get infected. The province never specified if the 97% is per game or per tournament.

Congratulations to all my opponents who got elected!

Blog Entries

Hopefully we will find a way to keep the people who might have lost elections to continue to be engaged with the CFC.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast