Thread: 4.7 Nominations for CFC Director at Large

Default 4.7 Nominations for CFC Director at Large

Please make nominations for CFC Director at Large here.

Nominations close 1800 Day 3 (Tuesday) with elections ASAP thereafter ending at 1800 Day 7 (Saturday)

Blog Entries

I am not sure which nomination belongs where but I nominate Patricia Gamliel for one of the CFC Director at Large positions.

I nominate Mark Dutton for the other CFC Director at large position.

Both indicated an interest to continue to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I am not sure which nomination belongs where but I nominate Patricia Gamliel for one of the CFC Director at Large positions.

I nominate Mark Dutton for the other CFC Director at large position.

Both indicated an interest to continue to serve.
    I second the nomination of Patricia Gamliel for one of the CFC Director at Large positions.

I second the nomination of Mark Dutton for the other CFC Director at large position.

Quote Originally Posted by ian findlay View Post
    I second the nomination of Patricia Gamliel for one of the CFC Director at Large positions.

I second the nomination of Mark Dutton for the other CFC Director at large position.
    Thanks Ian and Vlad - I accept the nomination for this 4.7 Nominations for CFC Director at Large

The 2nd position is 4. 8 Nominations for CFC Director at Large - which was created in February of this year (2021) and Patricia Gamliel was elected as the 8th member of the Executive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post
    Thanks Ian and Vlad - I accept the nomination for this 4.7 Nominations for CFC Director at Large

The 2nd position is 4. 8 Nominations for CFC Director at Large - which was created in February of this year (2021) and Patricia Gamliel was elected as the 8th member of the Executive.
    I also accept the nomination. Thank you.
    My report to follow.

Default 4.8 Director at large - Report

As many if you know, I have been involved in the CFC executive for a few months.

Throughout these months, I made myself available every time there was a need for an extra help.
    This included changing the way CFC executive meetings took place by using ZOOM, share the ZOOM account of my workplace with the CFC in order for a competition to be fully held given the limitation of the ZOOM account used by Cristina Tao and organizing a room with extra cameras for a Quebec player to play in the Continental ( in this case, GM Bator Sambuev ). I accepted to be the second official during that competition but as a volunteer.

Of course, my hope is to continue help the CFC and its members to shine throughout Canada and the world. To that end, I have taken on the project Chess For Life to have it become part of our Canadian society.

While a FIDE project exist as Chess For Freedom, which I could run in my capacity as a member of FIDE SOC (social commission), Chess For Life is different. I strongly believe that beyond simply organizing chess games in prison / detention centres (Chess For Freedom), we can change the life of many young people and bring a societal change in Canada. I will post the details of the Chess For Life project in the discussion post.

I am willing to stand for Director at Large.