Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 5A1 Noritsyn, Itkin et al campaign to remove the CFC president

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    Before we start playing the game, we should know the rules.

3. Is it a public or a secret ballot?
    Public unless the ballot is requested by a member.

Comes from the Act:
    Voting

165 (1) Subject to section 171 and the by-laws, voting at a meeting of members shall be by show of hands, except if a ballot is demanded by a member entitled to vote at the meeting.

Ballot

(2) A member may demand a ballot either before or after any vote by show of hands.

Robert's rules suggest that a motion could be moved to have a "secret" vote - ballot - by a whole assembly. Requires the seconder. Non debatable, only amendable.
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; 04-14-2021 at 08:50 PM.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    You would also have to present a valid motion.
    For the sake of fairness, I would leave this to Fred, if he doesn't mind.

And one of our group will second.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    For the sake of fairness, I would leave this to Fred, if he doesn't mind.

And one of our group will second.
    Voting on the Motion has already began, so I'm not going to suggest any change. My interpretation is that it is a Straw Ballot, which will be used by the various parties to determine further directions. Victor, Nikolay and myself have all given similar but slightly different interpretations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Public unless the ballot is requested by a member.

Comes from the Act:
    Voting

165 (1) Subject to section 171 and the by-laws, voting at a meeting of members shall be by show of hands, except if a ballot is demanded by a member entitled to vote at the meeting.

Ballot

(2) A member may demand a ballot either before or after any vote by show of hands.

Robert's rules suggest that a motion could be moved to have a "secret" vote - ballot - by a whole assembly. Requires the seconder. Non debatable, only amendable.
    Too late. Its a secret ballot apparently that does not match the question in the motion.

As I see the voting thread was added with the text:

Special Note: Since the special meeting if called is primarily of a personnel matter as per CFC rules "who voted how" will not be published for this motion
    .*-1

It’s sad that the preeminent concern in this quaterly meeting goes to a topic who is basically a conflict in the interpretation of by-Laws. This thread has already attained 125 posts, ... and counting. All the other threads altogether counts for 88.

Blog Entries

I would like to thank the voting members for their decision which means that we can concentrate on advancing the agenda of the CFC and not have to waste time on poorly constructed removal attempts. I would also like to thank everyone for their kind words of support in email, phone and Skype or Zoom conversations. I am willing to serve the CFC as long as the voting members want me to serve.

I know some don't like my tone but if I didn't take that type of tone then there are those who would attempt to bully me and the CFC which just does not work with me. I don't like bullies. My approach is based on what I have learned over the course of my studies when I earned degrees in psychology, commerce and my MBA. I know that some people want me to be the nicer version of myself and I can be with most reasonable people. If I had been that nice guy there is a good chance that I would have lost this vote. If you don't fight back against false allegations some people take that as a tacit admission of guilt. I may be guilty of many things but certainly not of any of the things that were suggested in this meeting or on the forums or on Chesstalk in the run-up to this meeting. I am willing to let things go at least until the AGM when we will have to make decisions about what kind of a CFC we want. One CFC is one where we can convict people without a trial in a Star Chamber proceeding. If that is the vision, I would give very poor odds on the long-term prospects of the CFC. There are a large group of smart people in the CFC. We do need to start using those smarts for constructive purposes. Lets avoid constructing false narratives which can easily be refuted by the posting of an email thread. Frankly it is a bit embarrassing.

Those who made defamatory statements should edit and remove them. If we get a cease and desist letter we will have to remove them. One of the voting members was marvelling that people could be so foolish and reckless in a zoom conversation this afternoon. This is not 2001 or 2002. Defamation law is more defined. The wild west is gone. Be smart about it. Don't get yourself into an avoidable situation that you will regret.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213