Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 5A9 New Business

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post

We do have to consider the issue raised by Ian about whether this constitutes constructive dismissal and necessity for a new and different contract which frankly this is not a good time to be pursuing around the time of Covid. Bob Gillanders does not seem terribly enthusiastic about this and it is intruding on the day to day operation of the CFC. We discussed this previously among the executive and there was not a lot of support for it.

In all likelihood we will be talking to the FQE about some of the things that they have suggested might be possible and at that point we will come up for a plan for how we are going to be organized. You don't need an office manager for a virtual office with one contractor/employee.
    I'm not sure I've seen every post about this subject, but at first glance, especially with everything Bob has been doing for years, like he's such a good chess man, why would we consider some minor naming change that would make him feel disrespected? I don't get our prioritizations sometimes. Please let's keep Bob happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen every post about this subject, but at first glance, especially with everything Bob has been doing for years, like he's such a good chess man, why would we consider some minor naming change that would make him feel disrespected? I don't get our prioritizations sometimes. Please let's keep Bob happy!
    I agree with Aris on this one. I do not see there being a net benefit to the CFC to change Bob’s title - and - therefore it should be kept as is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sztuka View Post
    I agree with Aris on this one. I do not see there being a net benefit to the CFC to change Bob’s title - and - therefore it should be kept as is.
    As Miyamoto Musashi says in his classic Book of Five Rings "Do nothing which is of no use." Bob's contributions to the CFC are well appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Aris, I believe that everyone respects Bob and appreciates his input and important role in the CFC. The issue is that CFC has 8 Directors at the moment, and there is a motion on the table for the next AGM to increase the number of Directors to 9 by adding Women's Coordinator. From other side, the Executive Director is not actually a CFC Director, even though the word "director" appears in the title.

Maybe, a better option (rather than to change Bob's title) is to make the Executive Director a real CFC Director, instead of Women's Coordinator?
    Just an option to be considered.
    Last edited by Victor Itkin; 04-18-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    Aris, I believe that everyone respects Bob and appreciates his input and important role in the CFC. The issue is that CFC has 8 Directors at the moment, and there is a motion on the table for the next AGM to increase the number of Directors to 9 by adding Women's Coordinator. From other side, the Executive Director is not actually a CFC Director, even though the word "director" appears in the title.

Maybe, a better option (rather than to change Bob's title) is to make the Executive Director a real CFC Director, instead of Women's Coordinator?
    We could put him in charge of his salary negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post

In general in a non for profit organization the directors are not paid for there work as directors. It is possible but... The Bob is a contractor, with an expired contract LOL

I looked through other nfp organizations -- seems they don't bother with the executive director, who is not a director. Probably it came historically as with the CFC.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    In general in a non for profit organization the directors are not paid for there work as directors. It is possible but... The Bob is a contractor, with an expired contract LOL

I looked through other nfp organizations -- seems they don't bother with the executive director, who is not a director. Probably it came historically as with the CFC.
    I would like to confirm that this Motion is not disrespectful for Bob - we all appreciate what he's doing for CFC.
    And to show our appreciation of his work we could consider to raise his salary.
    But the name of "Executive Director" position came historically from the old CFC, and nowadays it's just misleading - he's not Executive and not a Director.
    Let's fix this discrepancy to avoid misunderstanding when we discuss CFC management structure.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    I would like to confirm that this Motion is not disrespectful for Bob - we all appreciate what he's doing for CFC.
    And to show our appreciation of his work we could consider to raise his salary.
    But the name of "Executive Director" position came historically from the old CFC, and nowadays it's just misleading - he's not Executive and not a Director.
    Let's fix this discrepancy to avoid misunderstanding when we discuss CFC management structure.
    In these pandemic times with revenues very low it is not a time for increases in costs. Remember that we no longer have the CMA book contract. We are likely to be in Covid lockdown into the fall. We need to find new sources of funding and we need to determine what is possible as far as government and other support programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Remember that we no longer have the CMA book contract.
    Why did we loose it? Do we have any plan to restart a book and equipment business or to get another partner?

Default New business: two AIDEF tournaments open for registration

AIDEF will send an invitations directly to the CFC.

I have received the invitations and the rules of those tournaments.

The AIDEF Facebook page is the place to look the latest public information.

Because participation is restricted to AIDEF members, the registration form will be sent by email, it cannot be downloaded from the web site.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast