Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KEC (Kingston Easter Chess) 2022-24

"If you had to choose between 1-2-2-1-2-1 and 0-1-2-2-2-2, which one gets your vote?"

I would still choose the 5 day option, partly because a tournament finishing faster means less work days missed, partly because I like being busy during a tournament and playing two games a day - chess is a sport.

I'm pleased to report that after meeting with Kingston Tourism last week, their supportive environment is being significantly augmented. Without quoting specific numbers; after the success of 2019, and high initial registrations / room reservations for 2020 before it was "pandemicked", we are already being offered much better conditions for returning to Kingston. They agree with expectations for a great over-the-board rebound after the pandemic subsides. Hotel meetings next!

In addition, I have sent a specific survey question to anyone who registered for the 2020 event, especially to those who also played in the 2019 event. If you didn't receive that email yesterday, please check your spam. Already 26 people have replied their response, and I'm looking forward to hearing back from more of you.

Thanks, best, Aris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12