Thread: Forums will be hitting "Pause" - Sunday March 28 until sometime Monday

Blog Entries

Default Forums will be hitting "Pause" - Sunday March 28 until sometime Monday

Chesscanada.info is being moved from its now-ancient-and-being-retired physical server to a cloud-based server.

To facilitate the move they ask that no changes be made starting Sunday morning. I'm not sure if that will allow read-only access to the forums or if we'll have to temporarily turn them off. I will do that early in the morning on Sunday.

The entire domain will then be offline for 30-60 minutes sometime on Monday (between 9 and 5 Eastern) and once it comes back up on the new server I will turn the forums back on as soon as I can get access.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

We're back! Sorry for the extra day, we hit a couple of snags along the way.

Please post here if you notice any issues on the site that are new compared with last week or earlier.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

There is a known issue with the server peaking RAM usage, when this happens there is a minute or two where you will get errors trying to access pages. Cirrus is looking into it for us. If they can't fix it really quickly for us, I'll temporarily block search engine crawlers from the site to reduce the load for the duration of the meeting.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter