Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIDE database enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I have received an email confirmation. I hope that is is not a spoof.
    I still haven't received anything. Does anyone know whether it should be directly to me, or via the CFC Office?

Blog Entries

2021-03-09
    FIDE Database enhancement

Dear Member Federations and Federation Officials:

Please be informed that the FIDE database enhancement program has already started, as announced last month according to B.05 of the Handbook.

The form to fulfil the requirement is available at the following URL: https://dbenhancement.fide.com

We would like to remind you that the program will end on October 31st, 2021.

Below you can find the original announcement that was sent to you on February 8th, 2021. Should you need any clarification, please contact us at privacy@fide.com.

Marco Biagioli
    Data Protection Legal Advisor

2021-02-08
    FIDE Database enhancement

Dear Member Federations,

We would like to inform you that FIDE is developing a targeted database enhancement, which consists of a review of the data actually included in FIDE databases related to Arbiters, Organisers, and Trainers. This program has been approved by the FIDE Council and added as an entry to the Handbook, under Chapter B.05.

Following this program, every Arbiter, Trainer, and Organizer should confirm its activity status by filling a form that will be available on our website starting from the 1st of March, until the 31st of October, 2021. The link will be sent to you once the form is active.

We kindly ask you to forward this email to all arbiters, trainers, and organizers registered under your federation, and help them to comply with the requirements. The FIDE Commissions are working closely with the Data Protection Committee, and they will provide Arbiters, Organisers, and Trainers licensed under their jurisdiction with all the relevant information. The Commissions will assist in ensuring a continuous update of their databases and to secure the collection of the necessary data.

Not filling this form before October 2021 will automatically result in the Arbiter, Trainer, or Organizer being marked as "inactive". This would imply that they will not be eligible to be appointed as Arbiter, Organiser, official coach, or “head of delegations” at any official FIDE event until they correct the situation.

Should you need any clarification, please contact us at privacy@fide.com.

Marco Biagioli
    Data Protection Legal Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I still haven't received anything. Does anyone know whether it should be directly to me, or via the CFC Office?
    Did you click on the link ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    All this process is doing is collecting emails and date of birth for everyone. We have the same problem, membership database has missing data.
    Reading the form, I think if you already had an email in the FIDE database, they would send the confirmation to that email which maybe different from your current one. So maybe check any old email accounts.

I was planning on getting involved in the near future to track the progress of our people in complying. I was waiting for this thread to indicate it was working. When you get a chance, give me a call. I should be able to see what email you have in the FIDE database.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    I was planning on getting involved in the near future to track the progress of our people in complying. I was waiting for this thread to indicate it was working. When you get a chance, give me a call. I should be able to see what email you have in the FIDE database.
    Okay, just spoke with Aris. We aren't sure there is a problem? I would suggest everyone hold off for a week while we investigate. The deadline isn't until Oct 31.
    We will see what the next week bring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12