View Poll Results: I vote for ____ as FIDE Rep / Zone President

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Victor Plotkin

32 65.31%
  • Vadim Tsypin

17 34.69%

Thread: 8. "THE VOTING BOOTH" Election for FIDE Representative / Zone President

Default 8. "THE VOTING BOOTH" Election for FIDE Representative / Zone President

VMs should note that the person elected to this position shall serve until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting

Blog Entries

FYI: As of 10:53pm Eastern Time on Tuesday evening, there are 50 VM's in attendance.

I understand that there is a Fide Investigation concerning one of the candidates for election as our FIDE representative . In view of this investigation I believe the election should be postponed until the issue becomes clearer.
    Les Bunning

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Les Bunning View Post
    I understand that there is a Fide Investigation concerning one of the candidates for election as our FIDE representative . In view of this investigation I believe the election should be postponed until the issue becomes clearer.
    Les Bunning
    Neither of the candidates wanted to stop the election and so we proceeded forward. By my understanding, FIDE did not want to be seen weighing in on one side or the other. All of these matters will likely be resolved by the next election when all positions come up for renewal.