View Poll Results: Motion to enlarge the Executive by adding Patricia Gamliel as DAL

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approve

28 57.14%
  • Reject

20 40.82%
  • Abstain

1 2.04%

Thread: 6. "THE VOTING BOOTH" Motion to enlarge the Executive

Default 6. "THE VOTING BOOTH" Motion to enlarge the Executive

It is moved by the president to enlarge the Executive by the addition of Patricia Gamliel as Director At Large

Please vote either to
    - approve the president's motion
    - reject the president's motion
    - abstain

Please note that if the motion passes the term of office is until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting

Blog Entries

Point of Order! What happened to the appeal vote on this matter??
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Unbelievable. This vote is invalid.

I suspect that while rushing, Lyle made an innocent mistake.
    Maybe someone could stay up late to bring his attention to it?
    I suggest that because I think he's busy this evening (BC time).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I suspect that while rushing, Lyle made an innocent mistake.
    Maybe someone could stay up late to bring his attention to it?
    I suggest that because I think he's busy this evening (BC time).
    It should have been voted on two days ago, but Vlad wouldn't order it done. And if Lyle is busy, it's because he wasn't consulted on the timing of the meeting, despite having to do 90% of the work for it.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Another point of order... voting has been called, but I don't see a seconder?
    It seems this whole process is being so badly rushed (for no apparent reason) that we don't follow a single proper procedure anymore.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Another point of order... voting has been called, but I don't see a seconder?
    It seems this whole process is being so badly rushed (for no apparent reason) that we don't follow a single proper procedure anymore.
    We have not required a seconder for voting to start for 7.5 years that I have been President at least and I don't recall that it was required for the 2 years that I was masters rep either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    We have not required a seconder for voting to start for 7.5 years that I have been President at least and I don't recall that it was required for the 2 years that I was masters rep either.
    I think Chris pointed that the motion itself was not even seconded!
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; 02-24-2021 at 04:24 PM. Reason: corrected "motions" to "motion"
    .*-1

I deny that I had anything (from an admin point of view) had anything to do either with the vote to overturn the chair - which under parliamentary procedure prevents voting on the motion - or on either re-opening or closing this poll.

While I will not name names, I had inquiries from VMs and I told them to wait until resolution of the point of order before voting since only if the chair's ruling was upheld could voting resume. One of those who chose not to vote until the point of order and the vote to either uphold or overrule the chair's ruling was myself and I had a perfect right to refrain from voting until the point of order / chair challenge was resolved. However by closing the poll early I was thereby disenfranchised on this vote.

But no - it is untrue to say I made an "innocent mistake" since I made no action on this at all other than to close Thread 8 (the Voting Booth on the FIDE election) at the appointed time. I have done nothing at all on THIS thread other than to open the voting booth which I should NOT have done as the point of order / chair challenge had not been resolved.

[Special Note: I note in passing that Mr Gary Hua is a former Assembly member and for reasons I'm unclear on was still listed as a VM on our permissions but is in fact now a past VM and his permissions on the forum should now be 'registered user' thus making it 22-20 with 2 abstentions and quite a few non-votes.]
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 02-25-2021 at 04:33 AM.