Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    Common, Vlad! This is not a suggestion for somebody to go to the court. Egis is just explaining voting procedure in CFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

FYI: If you will be not happy how the election proceeded you might go to a court (se NFP Act.)
    In this case we have to look at what was said and not what we wish had been said.

Blog Entries

This seems to be a playbook for you Vlad.

- Use people as long as they are useful for you
    - Attack them and/or burn them out as soon as they aren't
    - Threaten "The CFC will lose NFP status!" anytime someone suggests something you don't like.
    - Completely ignore anytime someone suggests - with quotes from the NFP act - that you are doing/suggesting something that might breach the rules.

So now it seems you've turned most of the existing executive against you - here you are arguing in public with the VP - so you've apparently decided to stack the executive with your own friends?

And really, who CARES if someone from Israel likes one candidate over another? Why would you even bother to post such a thing, much less ask for a letter of recommendation? What do you think the reaction in Israel would be if someone here started trying to meddle in elections over there?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members,
    For any one who has any ounce of integrity, responsibility and ethics, Vadim is absolutely not qualified to hold neither a voting member nor a CFC delegate. From what I have gathered, his case is over for me.
    Setting aside your double negative and grammatical errors it really appears to me that you do not know what those words :"integrity, responsibility and ethics" mean. You are accusing voting members who do not share your opinion of lacking those qualities.

Vadim is a member of the "CORE MANAGEMENT TEAM of FIDE". Vadim can not represent you, as a Canadian, to FIDE. You can not represent us to "yourself" damn it!!.
    Tell that to Gilbert Perez. After launching efforts with Hal Bond, I opened a parallel track with Vadim Tsypin and asked him if we could get anything done for Gilbert in order to allow him to achieve his dream of representing Canada in the Online Olympiad for Disabled players. Hal said that there wasn't much that could be done. Vadim suggested how we might get the Philippines Chess Federation to waive their portion of the fees. Initially that didn't work. Right about this time Hal Bond said there was nothing that could be done. Vadim called up the delegate from the Philippines and asked him to waive the fees. They kindly agreed to waive their portion of the fee. Then Vadim shepherded our request for a fee waiver and transfer through the Verification Commission and the Commission for Disabled Players and then it reached the FIDE management board.

Re: Update on Gilbert Perez's transfer
    Vadim I. Tsypin

Thu 2020-10-08 10:18 AM

Good morning Vlad,

Thanks a lot for your kind words. The reason I got involved in chess, first as a parent, then as a volunteer, then as a professional, was to help people, especially those who require support: youth, seniors, non-seeing. When you told me about this disabled player's plight, it touched me profoundly. Glad that I was able to do my small part.

So - the news is great albeit anticlimactic. ;-) The just-completed Management Board meeting approved the CFC request, waived all fees due to FIDE, instructed appropriate bodies to accomplish the transfer. Congratulations!

As usual, it will take some time for me to prepare the official texts of all decisions and to send them to involved parties. The Canadian item was near the end of the agenda but I hope to send you the official document on - or even by - Friday. Once you receive it, you can tell the player and the CFC Executive when you believe appropriate. For now, please forward me a package of Gilbert Perez' transfer documents that he sent to the CFC, I will try to deliver it to the Elista office before *their* Friday morning then.

Very happy,

--
    V.T.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 10:33 PM Vladimir Drkulec wrote:

Hello Vadim,

Thanks for your help on this matter.

I sent Hal Bond the details of this situation, about the same time that I contacted you. By the time you got the Philippine rep to waive the fee, Hal was saying that there was nothing that could be done. When we finally reach the end of this process and Gilbert can play on our team, I intend to tell this story and the lessons that it shows. I intend to be profusely thankful to you and the role that you played in husbanding this to a successful conclusion.

With warmest regards,

Vlad

Sent: October 5, 2020 10:24 PM
    To: Vladimir Drkulec <vdrkulec@hotmail.com>
    Subject: Update on Gilbert Perez's transfer

Good evening Vlad,

No big news, everything proceeds orderly through the gears. As planned, DIS and QC gave their formal written support to Canada's official request, so I added this item to the agenda of this week's Management Board meeting. Will notify you immediately once it's discussed.

There shall be no obstacles, and the good thing is that by now all decision-makers for the Paralympiad are aware of and sympathetic to Mr. Perez's situation, so there is little danger he would "fall through the cracks" because of deadlines. We'll just need to submit the document package quickly once the MB takes a decision.

Kind regards,

--
    V.T.

Vadim is a leading member of CMA (VP), Clearly competing with CFC in geographical domain (Canada) and the target group (youth). Acting against the best interests of CFC.
    You keep saying this. How is the CMA competing with the CFC? They are introducing children to chess in a limited number of cities. I don't think they are even the largest group that teaches chess in Canada. Some of those children go on to play in CFC events and tournaments. They are our farm team that feeds the system. They are one of several. Our focus is on tournament players. Their focus is on children. They are part of our infrastructure. I would guess that many voting members have some connection to the CMA having run tournaments for them and the kids. I would guess that any voting member involved in chess training of children has worked with the CMA.

Vadim, why are you so adamant that you must/need to hold the following positions simultaneously? Especially when we have others who are willing to stand!
    -FIDE Management Team
    -VP of CMA
    -Voting Member of CFC
    -CFC representative to FIDE

Only in dictatorships and Banana Republics this could happen. Therefore, I am pleading with you and urging all of you, the voting members, to disqualify Vadim form any CFC governing position.
    We certainly wouldn't want him to abuse his authority by helping other Canadians like Gilbert Perez through the maze of the FIDE process.

Vadim, IS THIS WHY YOU DID NOT INVITE ME, and tens of other voting members, TO YOUR "ZOOM PRESENTATION"??
    I am pretty sure that was because the contact information for you was incorrect and was bouncing back.

The CFC is not your house nor is it your fiefdom. You do not own the CFC.
    Non sequitur.

Ladies and Gentlemen Voting Members, please be warned and herby informed that if you do not disqualify Vadim, I will not hesitate to, and I will go public with this. This is shame to Canada, and shame to our federation.

This is my duty and it is YOUR duty as well.
    Go public with what? Go public to whom? A shame how?

Default Chess show - Saturday, February 20, at 3 pm EST

Dear chess friends,

I got an invitation to chess show which will be aired on Saturday, February 20, at 3 pm EST and want to share it with you all:

Here is a link to the Youtube's upcoming Saturday's chess show.
    View Link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFhwjmxNhbs

I asked Sasha why he didn't invite all 3 candidates and got the following reply:

"I've spoken to all three candidates for the post of CFCs FIDE Representative.

As you know I have a Chess Show on IBM TV every Saturday at 3 PM. And thought that it would be very interesting to invite all three candidates to participate in this show with links sent to all voting members so everyone could make up his/her minds based on the open debates' format, and being able to send questions to all and any candidate.

I've informed all that to create a poster and links for the show, I need information and pictures of each candidate no later than Tuesday evening.

Regrettably only one candidate, Vadim Tsypin, has agreed to participate in the program and sent me a picture. Aris Marghetis on the other hand has ignored my invitation and hasn't even replied, while Victor Plotkin has refused to participate unless all three candidates would show up. Sorry, I can't comply with Victor's condition for an obvious reason.

Will send you the YouTube link in the next day or two. Please send me any questions from you or other VMs to Vadim.
    "

Thankfully, after some tricks I was able to upload a poster :

Attachment 464

Hopefully, this show could help us to make informed decision during coming meeting.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Aris is dealing with some family health issues, so that likely contributed to him not being able to attend the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Aris is dealing with some family health issues, so that likely contributed to him not being able to attend the debate.
    Which is exactly what I explained to Sasha when WE SPOKE ON THE PHONE EARLIER THAT DAY. How that qualifies as not replying, I don't know. To his credit, Sasha then wished me and my family well. Michael, I'm disappointed you chose to post that without clarification on the factually incorrect Aris-never-replied. Come on man.

Aris,

Please allow me to comment on your statement "factually incorrect Aris-never-replied" remark.

During our phone conversation Tuesday morning I've outlined to you my goal: to have a chess show with all 3 candidates facing questions from the panelists which includes well known chess personalities.
    Furthermore, the candidates could've asked each other any questions regarding their programs, related experience, etc. so Voting Members could have an additional source of info helping them making intelligent choice.

During our phone conversation I've requested that in case you are moving forward with your participation you would had to commit yourself for 1 hour from 3 to 4 PM on Saturday and email me your picture. I've explained that I needed your answer by Tuesday evening because on Wednesday I had to create the poster and links for the program. By Tuesday evening I haven't heard from you. At about 8 PM on Tuesday Michael Barron sent you an email with cc to me asking you to contact me asap. However by the end of Tuesday you haven't replied. That was an indication that you've declined my invitation due to either your unwillingness to participate in the show or more likely because of your inability to make it due to the family health issues. Next day you've clarified this issue (family health) and I wished you and your family well.
    So you think that your call was a reply. However what I meant was your non reply via email to my invitation by Tuesday evening.

Again, hopefully there will be other opportunities. Again, best wishes to you and your family. Stay well, keep safe.

Sasha Starr, VM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Aris,

Please allow me to comment on your statement "factually incorrect Aris-never-replied" remark.

During our phone conversation Tuesday morning I've outlined to you my goal: to have a chess show with all 3 candidates facing questions from the panelists which includes well known chess personalities.
    Furthermore, the candidates could've asked each other any questions regarding their programs, related experience, etc. so Voting Members could have an additional source of info helping them making intelligent choice.

During our phone conversation I've requested that in case you are moving forward with your participation you would had to commit yourself for 1 hour from 3 to 4 PM on Saturday and email me your picture. I've explained that I needed your answer by Tuesday evening because on Wednesday I had to create the poster and links for the program. By Tuesday evening I haven't heard from you. I meant that you haven't replied to my invitation. That was an indication that you've declined my invitation due to either your unwillingness to do so or more likely because of your inability to make it due to the family health issues. Next day you've clarified this issue (family health) and I wished you and your family well.
    So you think that your call was a reply. However what I meant was your non reply to my invitation to the chess show by Tuesday evening.
    This explanation actually makes you look worse. So you were already aware of his family health issues at the time it went public, and still tried to mislead everyone with the statement that he ignored your invitation, which he obviously did not do since you spoke to him on the phone.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Christopher,
    Thank you for your comments. However you are wrong. There is no explanation of any kind making me look worse as you've proposed. Also I'm not misleading anyone.
    I've explained Aris that I need his reply in writing with his picture by the end of Tuesday. If he would've told me in the morning that he is not going to participate I would've not asked him for the confirming email. Got it? And just be careful accusing me with "misleading everyone".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Christopher,
    Thank you for your comments. However you are wrong. There is no explanation of any kind making me look worse as you've proposed. Also I'm not misleading anyone.
    I've explained Aris that I need his reply in writing with his picture by the end of Tuesday. If he would've told me in the morning that he is not going to participate I would've not asked him for the confirming email. Got it? And just be careful accusing me with "misleading everyone".

Sasha,

Your invitation went public on Thursday evening. By your own admission, you spoke to Aris on Tuesday (you were not ignored!) and did not receive a reply by the deadline. By Wednesday you were aware for the reason behind this, yet on Thursday evening you are having a public invitation sent out to who knows how big of a mailing list where you are still stating that Aris ignored your invitation. How is that not misleading?

So originally, it could have been that you misspoke. However, now it is clear that you did this intentionally. That is why I said your explanation made you look worse.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast