Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    Danny, it is a pleasure to copy your message to this thread.

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Goldenberg

"... in the light of the information that I have obtained from my own sources, I am no longer sure about IA Aris Marghetis intent in endorsing Mr. Plotkin, and that is the most politically correct expression of my true feelings."

I strongly believe, that this information is incorrect. Just contrary, today I received direct email from Aris where he stated that the latest developments only reinforced his ongoing endorsement of Victor Plotkin. But for more certainty, I would like ask Aris to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Goldenberg

"... in the light of the information that I have obtained from my own sources, I am no longer sure about IA Aris Marghetis intent in endorsing Mr. Plotkin, and that is the most politically correct expression of my true feelings."

I strongly believe, that this information is incorrect. Just contrary, today I received direct email from Aris where he stated that the latest developments only reinforced his ongoing endorsement of Victor Plotkin. But for more certainty, I would like ask Aris to comment.[/QUOTE]

Victor Itkin, et al, I don't understand such an interpretation.

I confirm that I completely continue to endorse Victor Plotkin.

I have a technical question, which probably should be addressed to Christopher Malone (or, maybe, to Executives).

How GM Bareev's vote for Victor Plotkin will be technically registered and counted?

GM Bareev has publicly announced his vote for Victor Plotkin, and requested to place this vote, on his behalf, due to the fact that he has no access to this Forum.

What will be the procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    What about Hal Bond's professional career?
    Well, Hal Bond has made his choice earlier, nobody's pressured him to resign as I understand.

Now let me congratulate Messrs Plotkin and Marghetis! Your attempts to smear the only influential Canadian in FIDE has temporarily reduced his efficiency. Scorched Earth, no-prisoners policy? You really put your own interests ahead of your country's?

I think my fellow Canadians, because of the naked tribalizm, could make a 100% incorrect decision - it is very likely that Mr. Dvorkovich and his team will be reelected next year and all you've done so far is shooting down the very capable chess professional and even more so CFC... Hope it will not happened!
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 02-23-2021 at 05:13 PM.

I want to confirm that I had many conversations with Aris Marghetis. The first one was before my decision to run as a FIDE Representative. When Aris called me from the beginning, I told him that I would not, under any circumstances support Vadim Tsypin.

After I decided to run for the position of FIDE Representative, Aris called me and proposed to endorse me and suspend his candidacy. Aris privately told me that his family was dealing with health issues. Also, he believed that this was the best chance to stop Vadim Tsypin from taking full control of our federation. Obviously, I was happy to hear his decision to support me, however I did not make any promises to Aris (or anybody else) other than that I would see this election to the end.

I want to make it extremely clear that Aris made this decision without my influence. It is completely normal that people step down from certain positions due to family issues.

Part 2 of Danny Goldenberg message

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Goldenberg View Post
    Dear Mr. Marghetis,

There is no confusion what so ever, if you take time to read my post carefully. However, I was of a much higher opinion of Mr. Plotkin. Very interesting attempt to try to manipulate my words, but I guess, he has a goal and he doesn't care about the measures.

To clarify! I have questions in regards to WHY REALLY Mr. Marghetis is supporting Mr. Plotkin. Subsequently, I was offering to the ones (like ME! after an initial phone conversation with Aris Marghetis) who wanted to support HIS CANDIDATURE (Aris) not to vote! Lets wash our hands from all the dirt!

I think that this time the message is crystal clear!

That is where my input will end, with all the due respect to Mr. Marghetis and Mr. Plotkin.

Good luck to your clan sirs!

Sincerely,

IA / FM Danny Goldenberg

P.S. Hope this FINAL reply will be shares as well. Thank you!

I do not understand why Danny Goldenberg made his post on chesstalk. I also do not understand why 5 hours before the start of the election CFC executives are considering to postpone it.

Victor, if that would be all - it's ok. However there were many more instances when you and your voters going back and force with negative messages about Vadim. You've refused participate in the public debates against Vadim because you had absolutely no chance, you are not capable to win on substance... just talk about conflicts of interest, not to vote for the communists etc., and now this story with telephone call from your friend from St. Petersburg - you've ignored my proposal to provide your friend's testimony and haven't even addressed this possibility, while Vadim has produced testimony of Vladimir Bykov including translation. Enough already!
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 02-23-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Well, Hal Bond has made his choice earlier, nobody's pressured him to resign as I understand.
    You better re-read his report. Somebody has hacked and forged his email, which significantly damaged his professional career.

Sasha, I am stopping replying your posts from this point. It has been a long time since I have encountered such shameless stubbornness.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    You better re-read his report. Somebody has hacked and forged his email, which significantly damaged his professional career.

Sasha, I am stopping replying your posts from this point. It has been a long time since I have encountered such shameless stubbornness.
    This is your business, your replies won't be missed!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast