Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
The Conflict of Interest provisions of the NFP Act are far more lenient then their counterpart in the Canada Business Corporations Act.

If CMA did not exist, all children in their program may be CFC due paying members playing CFC rated games instead of CMA rated games. When I was an FQE director, the board did notice that the actual transfer rate from CMA to actual due-paying FQE members involved in competitive chess was negligible. CMA produces titled players in small quantity. I doubt that either the CFC or the FQE could replace CMA if it closes tomorrow.

All that is required is a declaration of the Conflict of Interest and to abstain in votes that could affect CMA.

https://educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/i...-of-directors/

To paraphrase a line from a Clint Eastwood movie. "A NFP has to know its limitations." Yes, we have one contractor/employee. We have to set priorities.

Warren Buffet suggests that people and corporations should come up with a list of their top 25 priorities or tasks and then rank those priorities in order of importance. Once satisfied with the ranking they should draw a line under number five on their list and then never again work on number six through twenty five and instead concentrate all of their attention on priority number one through five. Of course they should also periodically reevaluate their list of priorities and make changes that reflect the reality of their new situation much as we must reassess the situation on a chessboard as each move changes the character of the position.

All the people playing online chess may become CFC due paying members playing CFC rated games instead of Chess.com or lichess.org rated games.

The hard part is translating these modifiers of "may" and their inherent uncertainty from potentiality to actuality.

Hope is not a strategy and neither is coveting the results of someone else's labour. I know that you Pierre are not doing that but others in these threads are doing that.