Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: CFC FIDE Representative election - Feb 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bérubé View Post
    Dear People,

Something has to be done to avoid such acrimonious display in the future. Imagine somebody visiting this forum for first time. Maybe it would be a good idea to incorporate Mrs Patricia Gamliel on the CFC executive board. As a respected lawyer, she will bring a better work of ethic. By the way, here is the Governance code of the FQE as impose by the Québec Government. There is many good ideas for the CFC here.

Responsibility
    The directors are collectively responsible for the governance and achievements of their organization.

• Effective structure
    The organization has an effective governance structure in which roles and responsibilities are clearly defined.

• Leadership
    The Board of Directors exercises its leadership through the democratic legitimacy of
    its members, its collective vision of development, the diversity of the skills and expertise of its directors and its ability to make informed, impartial decisions.

• Impartiality and independence
    In the decision-making process, the directors and management staff act without bias
    and with independence. Their attitude must seek, as much as possible, to eliminate subjectivity in their judgment.

• Ethics
    The directors and management personnel adhere to high standards of integrity and ethics.

• Policies, Procedures and Compliance
    The organization’s modus operandi is based on responsible policies and procedures
    that are controlled, audited and known by the directors. It complies with applicable laws and other public standards.

• Communication
    The organization operates transparently, with clear and complete accountability to
    its members, stakeholders and the public (government department, funding partners, etc.).
    Although ineffective governance is not widespread in Québec sport and recreation organizations, it is still important to identify its known causes in this type of organization: indifference or inexperience on the part of directors and managers, conflicts of interest, lack of vision and planning, lack of risk analysis, inadequate financial controls and monitoring, and mismanaged internal administration and accountability processes.
    Great post!
    I would definitely vote to incorporate Mrs Patricia Gamliel on the CFC executive board. Agree that as a respected lawyer, she will bring a better work of ethic.
    Thank you for your input,
    Sasha Starr, VM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    I've said nothing that could be construed as extremely rude and insensitive. Only in your imagination.
    So I guess still no apology coming for what you said about Aris?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Ilia Bluvshtein View Post
    Dear Executive, and all participants of this lively discussion,

We can do better than this!
    Let’s have the FIDE Representative election as scheduled and put this story behind us. There is no point in postponing the election as it seems that the voting members have already made their choices. Postponing the elections will not be helpful and may make things worse.

Best Wishes to All!
    Excellent idea! Only a vote can bring closure and postponing it would add another legal risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    So I guess still no apology coming for what you said about Aris?
    Are you trying to upset me or what?
    I've already wished him and his family all the best in dealing with family health issues.
    One thing makes this situation very unusual. When it comes to my post - I can't touch him because of his family health issues. Yet he is very active on this forum otherwise. Please explain.
    Oh, forgot. There is nothing I've said about Aris should've offended him. I've haven't been dealt very nicely here by certain members yet never asked for apologies. The end of story.
    Sasha Starr, VM.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 02-23-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Thank you. Can we cool down a few notches please? Many have all sort of expertise to bring to the table. Would it be possible to be respectful to each other regardless of our position on the agenda items? It all starts and ends with respect.
    Last edited by Valer Eugen Demian; 02-23-2021 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    What about Hal Bond's professional career?
    As per the official document provided by FIDE and still accessible online, IA Hal Bond (CAN) has a "distinction" of being the only World event Chief Arbiter in FIDE's history who received a written reprimand for his inadequate performance. Some members of the FIDE disciplinary panel even suggested a suspension.

The event is the 2017 World Youth Chess Ch. in Uruguay that took place *a year before* the 2018 FIDE Elections that were a topic of so many falsehoods and speculations in this discussion. The investigation started in 2017 under Mr. Makropoulos' administration and its results were widely known to the chess community.

A question to the esteemed members of the CFC Executive: when and how Mr. Bond notified you of this exceptional written reprimand?

The relevant authorities might have received information about alleged irregularities and improprieties during Mr. Bond's tenure at other important events. If this is the case, a due process would be followed and the results would be published when appropriate.
    Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; 02-24-2021 at 01:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
    As per the official document provided by FIDE and still accessible online, IA Hal Bond (CAN) has a "distinction" of being the only World event Chief Arbiter in FIDE's history who received a written reprimand for his inadequate performance. Some members of the FIDE disciplinary panel even suggested a suspension.

The event is the 2017 World Youth Chess Ch. in Uruguay that took place *a year before* the 2018 FIDE Elections that were a topic of so many falsehoods and speculations in this discussion. The investigation started in 2017 under Mr. Makropoulos' administration and its results were widely known to the chess community.

A question to the esteemed members of the CFC Executive: when and how Mr. Bond notified you of this exceptional written reprimand?

The relevant authorities might have received information about alleged irregularities and improprieties during Mr. Bond's tenure at other important events. If this is the case, a due process would be followed and the results would be published when appropriate.
    I do recall discussion of some allegedly trumped up charges in 2019. Something to do with the Russian Federation or was that a different incident?

"People have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in defamation suits in Canada for posts exactly like this one. For your sake please edit your post." - Vladimir Drkulec

While hardly defamatory, my comments could have been more polite and hence I've edited them. Thank you for highlighting this Vlad.
    Last edited by Richard Bowes; 02-24-2021 at 05:31 AM.

The Agenda item shall be closed as well.

Voted
    Results announced.
    .*-1

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435