Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9. Any other business

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clark View Post
    Although I am a relatively new Voting Member, my time spent working in the public sector and participating in other volunteer-driven, bylaw-governed organizations leaves me appalled at what I have witnessed throughout this special meeting. I believe the President's conduct, including his admission of entertaining the notion of a bribe in exchange for Hal Bond's removal as our FIDE Representative, his obfuscation and incessant name-calling, and his seemingly intentional refusals to deal with routine matters such as addressing a point of order in a timely manner, indicate he is incapable of carrying out his duties as President.

I hereby move to remove Vlad Drkulec from office, pursuant to the provisions of the NFP Act:

Removal of directors

130 (1) The members of a corporation may by ordinary resolution at a special meeting remove any director or directors from office.

The facts speak for themselves and form a part of the public record as set out in this special meeting of the Voting Members.

So long as this motion is on the floor, I feel it is appropriate for Egis Zeromskis to act as Chair of this meeting. The President should recuse himself.
    Is there a seconder to this motion?
    You are out of order.

Egis pointed out this thread to me in a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    You are out of order.

Egis pointed out this thread to me in a phone call.
    Thank you for the prompt reply, Vlad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I moved your post and the two replies here as they are clearly new business and not part of the election.
    While you do have the power to do this as administrator of the board, you do not have the right to do this in the context of this meeting as you are not presiding at this meeting. Your role here is that of a voting member only and by the evidence a very partisan voting member.

What is done is done. There is no need to undo it.

I note that suddenly it is possible to approve people for posting privileges very quickly.

Blog Entries

I note that suddenly it is possible to approve people for posting privileges very quickly.
    I always approve people very quickly during meetings as I am checking multiple times per day... do you have a problem with that?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

May I suggest a proactive practice for the future (fire prevention instead of fire fighting)? Shortly after every AGM, when the list of incoming VMs is known, an email be sent to every VM not yet registered on chesscanada.info encouraging them to do so asap. Include an explanation that if they don't they may not be able to participate or vote in quarterly or special meetings (nor complain about not be able to do so).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Parakin View Post
    May I suggest a proactive practice for the future (fire prevention instead of fire fighting)? Shortly after every AGM, when the list of incoming VMs is known, an email be sent to every VM not yet registered on chesscanada.info encouraging them to do so asap. Include an explanation that if they don't they may not be able to participate or vote in quarterly or special meetings (nor complain about not be able to do so).
    Excellent suggestion. We may also have to implement a policy where anyone not registered by a certain date cannot vote.

FYI from recent news channels

About a several time Canadian Olympiad team member Alexandra Botez

How this 25-year-old makes six figures a year playing chess on Twitch

Thu, Feb 18 2021

Alexandra Botez, 25, is a professional Twitch streamer who makes six figures playing chess online. She and her sister Andrea Botez, 18, have over 650,000 followers and are signed with Team Envy, a global esports and entertainment company. 2020 was a big year for chess as the popular Netflix show ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ attracted millions of new users to chess.com.
    The text and video https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/1...on-twitch.html

There are many other well knows Canadian chess streamers, a special mentioning of other Olympiad team members - Canadian Brahs lead by grandmasters Eric Hansen and Aman Hambleton.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    FYI from recent news channels

About a several time Canadian Olympiad team member Alexandra Botez

The text and video https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/02/1...on-twitch.html

There are many other well knows Canadian chess streamers, a special mentioning of other Olympiad team members - Canadian Brahs lead by grandmasters Eric Hansen and Aman Hambleton.

Thanks for sharing that. Excellent video.

Thanks for sharing that. Excellent video.
    I know this will seem corny, but my goodness, I so appreciate the last two posts above, where Egis posts a great Canadian chess story, and Vlad thanks him.

I hope we can get this "worst CFC meeting ever" over and done with, and REBUILD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    I know this will seem corny, but my goodness, I so appreciate the last two posts above, where Egis posts a great Canadian chess story, and Vlad thanks him.

I hope we can get this "worst CFC meeting ever" over and done with, and REBUILD.
    There are a lot of great Canadian chess stories. We have to start telling them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast