Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 9. Any other business

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I have brought this to the attention of the Secretary (no answer yet). I suspect it was closed once Patricia Gamliel received a majority of possible votes -- however, it's not clear what next steps would have happened if the President's decision was overturned. As well, the vote had closed to within only a 2 vote difference.

I believe this was improper.

Fred
    It was a three vote difference as one of the votes for overturning was ineligible. I'm not sure if there is a way to audit the time of the votes but every vote after 6 pm should have been impossible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Lombard View Post
    Two things:

1. My comment was not a slight at Lyle or anyone else for that matter. It was an observation which will hopefully result in a better format for announcing votes, times and dates of votes. Lyle, as I’m sure all of the Executive work very hard and I don't want to take away from that. I know Lyle's had a difficult last couple of weeks with not much of a break in his personal life.

2. I'd like to make a suggestion that the Executive consider appointing two (not sure what to call them), Auditors, Referee, Reviewers ??? to maintain watch on the forums when we have VM meetings so that we don’t get this type of “Battle Royale” affaire occur again. The process would be:

a) If someone says something offensive, disparaging, or whatever is deemed inappropriate, the two discuss it and determine whether it meets the “inappropriate guideline”;
    b) The Director/VM is given a written warning on the forum site identifying the inappropriate comment with an indication that if it happens again, that they will be disconnected from the Forum for the whole of the meeting;
    c) If there’s a second questionable posting, the two Referees would again confer and make the decision whether the posting violates the guideline. If it does, the Director/VM is advised and Chris Mallon is requested to remove the person from the forum.

This is a good opportunity for an Arbiter to get their feet wet in making difficult decisions. If the Executive decides this is a good idea, I’ll throw my hat in. I’m not a chess arbiter (I looked on the CFC website to see what the qualifications are but don’t see anything posted yet), but I am a golf referee (if that counts for anything). Something to consider.
    It is a very good suggestion. Thank you for volunteering.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345