Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 5. Proposal to amend bylaws to reflect that all Executive members are CFC Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I think once we get through this meeting we should seriously consider moving to zoom meetings where the meetings are recorded and available on youtube or some other platform. We can have discussions on the forums leading up to the meeting.

Having meetings in a written format on a forum necessarily means that Roberts rules of order are more difficult to implement. The discussions are simultaneous in effect with people joining and leaving the room multiple times over the course of a meeting. There is no requirement in the NFP act to follow Roberts rules. We dispensed with the requirement for a seconder on many questions because there is nothing in the NFP act that suggests that it is required.

With the kind of explosive allegations being thrown around here and elsewhere, and the understandable reaction of FIDE wanting to get to the bottom of it, it is not possible to be focused 100% on this meeting. If the FIDE president Arkady Dvorkovich has some questions for me, I think it is my duty to respond to him and any requests from the FIDE legal department very quickly. They are also being defamed.

Board confidentiality has been shredded. Things have been quoted out of context in an attempt to smear. Once that happens, the only way to resolve the situation may be a wikileaks type dump of all the relevant email discussion threads to provide full context. Perhaps the full text of board discussions should be public after a certain period aside from those that have privacy implications. At this point, there is no discussion between myself and several individuals including Hal Bond which I will not consider releasing.
    Vlad, agree with you that there should be much greater transparency in CFC's affairs. The more public is informed - the better! I have no hesitation to invite you, and both winner and loser to my upcoming program on IBM TV "ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CANADIAN CHESS POLITICS". Looking forward to confirmation from ALL!
    Sasha Starr VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Vlad, agree with you that there should be much greater transparency in CFC's affairs. The more public is informed - the better! I have no hesitation to invite you, and both winner and loser to my upcoming program on IBM TV "ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CANADIAN CHESS POLITICS". Looking forward to confirmation from ALL!
    Sasha Starr VM.
    I think there should be the end of your show advertisement. What about everytime you mention it, you donate one CFC membership.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I think if the NFP Act / "New" CFC Constitution was followed word for word, the VM's would elect a Board of Directors -- this Board would then select the "Executive" officers, 6 of the 7 specified having specific duties -- in theory they wouldn't even have to be members of the Board. I think the important concept is to realize that we vary from that procedure in that while the VM's still elect the Directors, they (the VM's) also agree to the Candidates proposed "executive" positions.
    It is not a requirement though and the NFP act leaves room for not-for profits to set some of their own unique rules. This configuration was soundly rejected by the voting members/governors. You need a two thirds majority to implement this. At this point we would also need to consider whether this might trigger the need for all of the members to vote to approve it, all 2780 of them.

Blog Entries

Sasha Starr VM.
    If we are talking about this Saturday, it would be possible for me to attend. I enjoyed watching your show with Vadim, Ken Reagan and the Marins. I am probably not ready to go all out medieval on anyone so I would be on artificially sweetness and light mode but will answer any questions honestly to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Board of directors' meeting minutes are available to directors only, that how I read NFPA

Members can not access director minutes or whatever is in (3).

As it is in the Act, bylaws or articles can not over trumped that.

The directors' resolutions shall come with a note "publish online" or something those meanings if needed.
    This Law is very hard to read, if A implies B then is does not follows the B implies A.

The Laws does not forbid the members access to those documents. It lists the documents that the members can access even if the board of directors objects. The Laws give the right to the members to demand access to certain documents, the directors could be sued an possibly removed from office for failure to give access to those documents.

Nobody can conclude that the members cannot demands implies that the directors cannot give.

This part of the NFP Act has been cut and pasted from the Canada FOR profit Act in which it wouldn't make sense for RBC to get access to the Strategic Planing of BMO by simply buying a single share on the open market. In is book, Martel did notice that some parts of the FOR profit Act have been ported to the NFP Act even if they don't make any sense in the NFP word. For example, the part on the emission on obligations and debentures by an NFP. Martel does not comment on this huge section of the Law because he consider it useless for NFP.
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 02-24-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    If we are talking about this Saturday, it would be possible for me to attend. I enjoyed watching your show with Vadim, Ken Reagan and the Marins. I am probably not ready to go all out medieval on anyone so I would be on artificially sweetness and light mode but will answer any questions honestly to the best of my ability.
    Thank you, Vlad, in this case I'm inviting officially also GM Kevin Spraggett (waiting for confirmation), Victor Plotkin and Vadim Tsypin. Waiting for confirmation from Mrss. Plotkin and Tsypin here by tonight.
    Sasha Starr, VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Let's stick just to NFP Act.

Could you please point (if you know) any nfp corporation incorporated accordingly with NFPA that releases minutes or have provisions to show them?
    I am the president of a Chess League incorporated under the NFP Act as a protest against the very poor Quebec NFP Act. I would have no problem giving a member a copy of the minutes if he asked them, unless they contains sensible material such employee salary (we don't have any), employee annual evaluation, information about future contract and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I am the president of a Chess League incorporated under the NFP Act as a protest against the very poor Quebec NFP Act. I would have no problem giving a member a copy of the minutes if he asked them, unless they contains sensible material such employee salary (we don't have any), employee annual evaluation, information about future contract and so on.
    Pierre, I'd like to invite you one day on my chess show on IBM TV! Please contact me via email alexander.starr@gmail.com.
    I'd like to stop the backroom chess politics once and for all. Some people here may take a notice.
    Sasha Starr VM.

Pierre, I'd like to invite you one day on my chess show on IBM TV! Please contact me via email alexander.starr@gmail.com.
    I'd like to stop the backroom chess politics once and for all. Some people here may take a notice.
    Sasha Starr VM.
    Is this the appropriate venue for continued advertisements for this channel and show? There are public forums here which are meant for open discussion, where this one is meant for matters related to this special meeting.
    Last edited by Jeremy Clark; 02-24-2021 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling error

Chair, can you take a firm stand and rule this out of order and let's close it.
    .*-1

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast