Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 4. Proposal to Enlarge the Executive

I have also changed my mind because, irrespective of the poor procedure, the current meeting demonstrated that the CFC needs a Lawyer on board, not to protect us from lawsuits, but to ensure that we will act in such a way as to avoid lawsuits, to draft Ethics rules for our directors and to significantly change our Articles Of Incorporation and ByLaws.

Generally, to work towards the goals mentioned by Richard Bérubé.
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 02-23-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    If we were talking about parliament this would be relevant.
    We are at least trying to follow them Though, in principle the vote is upto the chair per the CFC:
    "Votes to Govern at Meetings of the Board of Directors
    At all meetings of the board, every question shall be decided by a majority of the votes cast on the question. In case of an equality of votes, the chair of the meeting in addition to an original vote shall have a second or casting vote."
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I have also changed my mind because, irrespective of the poor procedure, the current meeting demonstrated that the CFC needs a Lawyer on board, not to protect us from lawsuits, but to ensure that we will act in such a way as to avoid lawsuits, to draft Ethics rules for our directors and to significantly change our Articles Of Incorporation and ByLaws.

Generally, to work towards the goals mentioned by Richard Bérubé.
    Thank you, Pierre.

I respectfully suggest that this proposal also be tabled to the April meeting, or even the AGM. As it stands now, with all the procedural problems that occurred, people can easily challenge the results. I recommend that we (well, the CFC Executive) agree on the motions, the procedures, resolve any appeal to motions, etc.

Ideally, we want one or motions at our upcoming meetings that are slam-dunks.

As a Chair has not responded in quite a long time, I'll do.

Aris, why I agree that the process was not the best however, it went to voting booth, majority of the VMs voted, results were announced. Hopefully we've learned something not to do again. About the "challenge the results" --- this is beyond this meeting. Thus this Agenda item shall be closed.

Everyone say YEAH.

If within ~ three hours (~11:59 ET) there will be no objections, I'll request administrators of the forum to close this thread.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    As a Chair has not responded in quite a long time, I'll do.

Aris, why I agree that the process was not the best however, it went to voting booth, majority of the VMs voted, results were announced. Hopefully we've learned something not to do again. About the "challenge the results" --- this is beyond this meeting. Thus this Agenda item shall be closed.

Everyone say YEAH.

If within ~ three hours (~11:59 ET) there will be no objections, I'll request administrators of the forum to close this thread.
    Well Egis, I strongly disagree, but I am just one Voting Member. In addition, I am disappointed at your "if no one replies within 3 hours, then everything is fine" idea. Like seriously man, probably almost no one is still reading these threads. Declaring that as a positive sign just seems wrong to me. My 2c worth, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Well Egis, I strongly disagree, but I am just one Voting Member. In addition, I am disappointed at your "if no one replies within 3 hours, then everything is fine" idea. Like seriously man, probably almost no one is still reading these threads. Declaring that as a positive sign just seems wrong to me. My 2c worth, I'm out.
    Aris, I'm not saying everything was fine.

But we can not hang on and wait till someone will write again in a day or two. As you wrote - probably no-one is coming anyways.

Vlad told he got back his internet and probably he can conclude himself.
    .*-1

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678