Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4. Proposal to Enlarge the Executive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post

You know, Vlad, an easier way to get a woman on the Exec would be for you to resign, opening up a space and the Exec could just appoint someone...
    Yes, I realize that would be convenient for certain elements. Rumours are swirling.

Post has been self-edited because it contained a personal attack which should not have been made.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 02-21-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    ... which would incidentally leave us in a bit of chaos ...
    And there you go again. This has apparently been the case for your entire presidency - basically, the CFC will fail if you are no longer President? That's quite some ego.

You have a properly seconded appeal of your ruling as Chair. Were you planning to ignore that, too, just as you ignore the rules that don't suit you?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Hello all:

This is my first meeting at CFC. If there is a clause in the act or bylaw to state that there shall be only 7 directors / board members permitted, then I do think that the best move is to revise the act or bylaw to increase the directors / board members from 7 to 8 or 9 first. If there is no limitation of director numbers in the act or bylaw, then it shall be acceptable to nominate new directors as things fit. I will vote Patricia Gamliel for the new director if the act or bylaw permits.

I am in precisely the same position as Simon. It's my first meeting, and I think we should increase the number of directors before we vote for who the new director should be, and I would likely vote for Patricia if the vote does go ahead.

Blog Entries

Here is what I am working on at the moment:

Canadian Sport Tourism Online
    Global Cynergies LLC is trying to organize a meeting between the CFC and the USCF and the head of the Moscow Chess Federation with the idea of a tournament series which would involve top Canadian players with lots of sponsorship involved.
    I am involved in talks with Calgary Tourism Officials.
    I am involved in talks with Durham Region Tourism Officials.
    I will probably shortly be involved in talks with Hamilton Tourism Officials.
    I have been talking to the FQE.'
    I have been talking to multiple people at FIDE either on WhatsApp or by email.
    I am in contact with a producer from the CBC which has already resulted in several segments.
    I have lost count of how many print media interviews I have done in the last six weeks or so. Contacts have resulted in media interviews for Eric Hansen, Qiyu Zhou, Svitlana Demchenko and Maili-Jade Ouellet.
    I am in talks with people about various online tournaments.
    That is only a partial list.

Vlad, I request your apologize.

You're action as a Chair on this agenda item is far from average.

If you want discuss my performance, that can be done at the board of directors or the VMs meeting special business. This is not on Agenda for this meeting.

Keep things to the order.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Li View Post
    Hello all:

This is my first meeting at CFC. If there is a clause in the act or bylaw to state that there shall be only 7 directors / board members permitted, then I do think that the best move is to revise the act or bylaw to increase the directors / board members from 7 to 8 or 9 first. If there is no limitation of director numbers in the act or bylaw, then it shall be acceptable to nominate new directors as things fit. I will vote Patricia Gamliel for the new director if the act or bylaw permits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgon Mills View Post
    I am in precisely the same position as Simon. It's my first meeting, and I think we should increase the number of directors before we vote for who the new director should be, and I would likely vote for Patricia if the vote does go ahead.
    Answering to your questions:

The current CfC By-Laws.

Number of Directors
    The board shall consist of the number of directors specified in the articles. If the articles provide for a minimum and maximum number of directors, the board shall be comprised of the fixed number of directors as determined from time to time by the members by ordinary resolution or, if the ordinary resolution empowers the directors to determine the number, by resolution of the board. In the case of a soliciting corporation the minimum number of directors may not be fewer than three (3), at least two of whom are not officers or employees of the Corporation or its affiliates.

The CFC Articles have 3 as min, 10 as max. Since 2014, the CFC Annual meeting elected 7 board members.
    .*-1

Hello Vlad and Lyle:

The act or bylaw revisions may be proposed by any director. Vice president, secretary and other directors can also work on the act or bylaw revisions and then the revisions shall be presented in the AGM to have them approved by VM.

For any farther discussions, the Motion to Appeal shall be resolved.
    .*-1

Apparently the CFC bylaw permits max 10 directors /executives. I vote in favor of appointing Patricia Gamliel as a new director at large.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast