Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 4. Proposal to Enlarge the Executive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Thnx for pointing it.

Yup, doubled checked. The chair's tie-vote is in principal a negative one.
    If we were talking about parliament this would be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Yes, it should be an odd number, whatever the number is. And it should be an election, not a "here's one candidate hand-picked by the President"

Personally I would like to see portfolios rather than lots of Directors-At-Large. Perhaps Woman's Coordinator (with a requirement that they be a woman unless none are nominated?) ... and I don't think Master's Rep can really be a Director, because they are not chosen by the VMs? Just brainstorming here.
    I like you idea, Chris, about adding 2 Directors with portfolios - Director of Corporate Affairs and Womens' Coordinator.
    Can we do it now, at this meeting?

I don't see a merit in wasting time and creating artificial barriers...
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    I like you idea, Chris, about adding 2 Directors with portfolios - Director of Corporate Affairs and Womens' Coordinator.

That is a very interesting idea. Pierre does work hard. He helped me when the continuation process was moving through the hoops although he sometimes can drive me crazy. I am happy with his efforts as women's coordinator. He is no passenger.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post

What would the job description be for Corporate Affairs?
    What do you think of my previous idea to restrict Women's Coordinator to being a woman, unless no women are nominated?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

What do you think of my previous idea to restrict Women's Coordinator to being a woman, unless no women are nominated?
    There is no reason why a women would need to be relegated to only a certain officer or director position.

I like this idea as well - to restrict Women's Coordinator to being a woman, unless no women are nominated.

And I would ask Mrs. Patricia Gamliel to suggest the job description for Director of Corporate Affairs.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    There is no reason why a women would need to be relegated to only a certain officer or director position.

Who said anything about relegating? I said the position would be restricted to any women who are nominated, unless none are. Nothing in that would force women to only go for that role and none other.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Fine. Lyle how do we do this in an electronic meeting? What is the time frame for the overturn of the chair's ruling?

Vlad, it has now been more than a day since you agreed to a vote on the appeal, and a day and a half since the appeal was first made. A vote needs to happen (it should have happened immediately) and if you won't start the vote yourself (or direct Lyle or myself that it be started), Egis as the original mover of the appeal can put the question to a vote himself.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

Vlad, it has now been more than a day since you agreed to a vote on the appeal, and a day and a half since the appeal was first made. A vote needs to happen (it should have happened immediately) and if you won't start the vote yourself (or direct Lyle or myself that it be started), Egis as the original mover of the appeal can put the question to a vote himself.
    I have been offline most of today with internet outages which also took out my phone.

I emailed Lyle a suggestion at 1:08 pm in one of the windows when internet was working. I think we will do a multipart poll tomorrow in the adding to the board thread one of which will be to gum up the works with this point of order.

Lyle replied to my e-mail asking how many "Directors" and "VM's" we have in the CFC. He said around 65 ! It may well be that I'll withdraw my opposition to the expansion of the Executive as I didn't realize there were that many.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast