Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1. Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Egis hit me with a barrage of emails on the Sunday night which almost delayed my email late enough to miss the deadline. With minutes to spare I sent notice. Notice can be modified after the initial notice.
    Excuse me. Don't blame me!

I wrote TWO emails where you have been on address before you sent out the Agenda on that Sunday on Jan 31.

You sent out agenda on (or I received on) 01/31/2021 (09:37:18 PM CST). ~7 hours after my last email towards you, and you ignored it anyway!

Though, the informal notice was given on Jan 27 by posting on chesscanada forum - http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...ay-February-25
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

I wrote TWO emails where you have been on address before you sent out the Agenda on that Sunday on Jan 31.

You sent out agenda on (or I received on) 01/31/2021 (09:37:18 PM CST). ~7 hours after my last email towards you, and you ignored it anyway!

Though, the informal notice was given on Jan 27 by posting on chesscanada forum - http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...ay-February-25
    Latest Vlad - Egis game

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Ng5!!? Qxg5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

I was in lessons all day and finished at 10:30 pm or so with one of my adult students. I submitted the agenda multiple times and when it had not been sent by 11:37:18 I sent it out myself. I changed the agenda to reflect deficiencies that you pointed out. An agenda with flaws is still an agenda that meets the requirements of notice and so I sent out an agenda with flaws. At one point in the flurry of emails I spent 40 hours over two days answering emails or talking on the phone including one 2.5 hour call to you and another 2.5 hour call at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I was in lessons all day and finished at 10:30 pm or so with one of my adult students. I submitted the agenda multiple times and when it had not been sent by 11:37:18 I sent it out myself. I changed the agenda to reflect deficiencies that you pointed out. An agenda with flaws is still an agenda that meets the requirements of notice and so I sent out an agenda with flaws. At one point in the flurry of emails I spent 40 hours over two days answering emails or talking on the phone including one 2.5 hour call to you and another 2.5 hour call at midnight.
    While I agree that we talked over the phone but it was a long long way back. And you just can not put that as an excuse. My records shows that was on Jan 26, and the next one was a very brief on Feb 10. Though it was not at least two days before Agenda was sent out on Jan 31.

imho, sending out the agenda without even showing it to all executives (directors) was not the greatest thing. At least some of us would have pointed out obvious mistakes in the draft.

Looking at the Agenda, it was also clear that it contained not your personal ideas. I was very surprised to see new requirement for elections (committing before the meeting to stand; submitting proposals before the meeting).
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    The voting and the drafting of amended motions, if any, will occurs 21 days after the announcement.

It should be noted that the VM can amend the proposals in the agenda. For example, a proposal too increase the number of directors by one could be amended to increase it by two. A proposal to add something to the bylaws could be amended to include something else. The question is : are those unexpected things, as you call them, amendments or new proposals ?
    I also support Michael's position.

With Pierre's statement of question, I suggest to amend the proposal to increase the number of directors by one to increase it by ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Itkin View Post
    I also support Michael's position.

With Pierre's statement of question, I suggest to amend the proposal to increase the number of directors by one to increase it by ZERO.
    An increase by zero is not an amendment because you only need to defeat the motion to achieve this goal.

On the two issues of "enlarge the Executive" and "Modification of Bylaws to reflect the fact that all members of the executive are directors of the CFC". I do not think we would have called for a special meeting for these items alone. Thus these items, I believe, should not be included or resolved in a special meeting. There is no restriction on calling special meetings for issues that are not urgent, but to the least, it is really bad practice to squeeze in items that are not urgent into special meetings. Special meetings should only be reserved for issues that are urgent and have significant impact on CFC.

For the FIDE Representative voting. the voting booth is not open yet. Is the voting delayed, cancelled, in discussion of how to move forward? Please give us update on the status.

Vlad & Lyle? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lo View Post
    On the two issues of "enlarge the Executive" and "Modification of Bylaws to reflect the fact that all members of the executive are directors of the CFC". I do not think we would have called for a special meeting for these items alone. Thus these items, I believe, should not be included or resolved in a special meeting. There is no restriction on calling special meetings for issues that are not urgent, but to the least, it is really bad practice to squeeze in items that are not urgent into special meetings. Special meetings should only be reserved for issues that are urgent and have significant impact on CFC.

For the FIDE Representative voting. the voting booth is not open yet. Is the voting delayed, cancelled, in discussion of how to move forward? Please give us update on the status.

Vlad & Lyle? Thanks.
    I agree with Michael.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12