Thread: Special Meeting of Voting Members Sunday February 21 to Thursday February 25

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Special Meeting of Voting Members Sunday February 21 to Thursday February 25

By my reckoning that is three people that have requested a vote in the voting members forum. I also request a meeting. This is well beyond the 5% threshold to call a special meeting. I hereby declare that we shall have a special meeting Sunday February 21, 2021 through Thursday February 25, 2021. There will also be a regular quarterly meeting on April 11 through April 18, 2021.

There are three items on the agenda for the special meeting at the moment. Items may still be added up until Saturday when I will finalize the agenda. There will be no reports from officers unless they want to make reports.

1. Approve the addition of Patricia Gamliel to the board of the Chess Federation of Canada bringing us closer to the required COC and IOC threshold of 30% women on the board.
    2. Correct the section of our bylaw dealing with the board officers to expressly state that they are members of the board of directors.
    3. Have an election to decide what we shall do with regard to the FIDE representative.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 01-27-2021 at 11:12 PM.