Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CFC Constitutional Coalition - Governor Activity Rule

Hi Egis:

I apparently filed the motion before Lyle had sent the draft GL 1 to the Executive for review ( as far as I know, there was no deadline for submissions for GL 1 - 2009 GL 6 said nothing about a deadline for 2010 GL 1 ), and from a recent e-mail from Lyle, I believe it is goiing to be in the GL 1. Lyle said he was sending the draft to the Executive for review this past weekend, but I don't know when it is supposed to be received back by him and distributed.

Bob

Default Where are the Members?

In the past, I have been quite critical of the Governors' non-participation in dialogue with ordinary members on this site.

But what do we see with this topic?? 100% of the posts are by Governors ! And what percentage of the posts are by ordinary governors? 0 % !

In the light of this, I am going to have to mute somewhat my criticism of governors ( though it is only 10% of the governors who have participated ). If members want governors to come to this board, they also have to be willing to post and express their opinions and enter into debate with the govenors on relevant chess/CFC topics. If the members don't participate, the governors interest is going to wane, and they will just be satisfied to post on their own " closed " Governors' Discussion Board.

It's up to ordinary members what they want. Some governors have accepted the challenge to come and debate with members - members need to respond.

Bob

Default CFC Constitutional Coalition - Considers Dropping Non-replacement

There has been some input from governors on the issue of prohibiting a Province/appointing body from replacing an expelled governor, as currently requested by the Coalition Motion. They are for replacement.

In the light of this, I have today posted on the Governors' Discussion Board:

" In light of the input of other governors and yourself ( Governor John Coleman ), I have decided to ignore the legal question, and look at the replacement issue on its merits. The governors who have responded have been against prohibiting replacement. Further, Egis has dragged up a precedent where a Governor who's CFC membership has lapsed, is suspended, and the province allowed to replace.

In the light of all this, I am going to recommend to the Coalition, that we drop the non-replacement part of our motion. I will be seeking advice from our " Rules of Order " experts on how we go about this, if the Coalition accepts my recommendation.

I would hope this would mean a good chance for our then very simple activity rule to get the 2/3 needed to pass at the 2010 AGM. "

I would be pleased to have any further input from other governors and ordinary members on whether the Coalition should accept my new recommendation.

Bob

Default CFC Constitutional Coalition - Governors' Activity Motion Being Revised

Today I wrote to the CFC Constitutional Coalition on our Motion # 1 ( Governor Activity Rule ), which has been filed some time ago with the CFC Secretary, Lyle Craver, as follows:

" Hi to All CFC Constitutional Coalition Members:

It was unanimous that we drop our position of not letting provinces/appointing bodies replace expelled governors. So I have written to CFC Secretary Lyle Craver, that he not publish our Motion # 1 ( Governor Activity Rule ) in the imminent 2010 GL 1. I have also advised that we will be now withdrawing our motion. He has agreed with both my requests.

So I will now revise our motion and commentary to reflect that the province/appointing body will be able to replace. I will be sending this out to you shortly for approval.

Given that Governors only preside for one year terms, when one is expelled ( and it takes 2 consecutive GL’s , which is about 3 months ), there is not a lot of their term left by the time they are caught and the expelling paperwork is done. And the Province has to hold an by-election to fill the vacancy – all takes time. By the time a new governor got seated, s/he’d likely have little time left to actually serve. The Provinces may just pass on an interim governor and wait for the next AGM. But it will be up to the province/appointing body what they do "

The Coalition will circulate their new revised Motion # 1, once adopted by them, so that it can receive further Goveror/ordinary member input before the motion gets filed.

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123