Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 4. Executive and Officer reports

[QUOTE=Bob Gillanders;35719]Executive Directors Report

We have built a new website. Or I should say, thank you Don Parakin our new webmaster. Don came on board to help with the Go membership launch, and identified our critical need for a new website when our site was hacked again. Don has created a more stable functionally efficient site utilizing software tools developed in recent years. The core functions have been restored and the balance is time. We now have the last 5 issues of Chess Canada available for viewing.

Thanks Bob and Don, great work on the website, it really looks great. I realize that there's much more work to be done but I see that the player's history only goes back to 2006, just wondering the timeline when the remainder of the players' stats will be updated ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Lombard View Post
    ... just wondering the timeline when the remainder of the players' stats will be updated ?
    Pre-2006 stats will be migrated by end of January, maybe sooner.

Thanks all for you patience. When I started, several weeks after the old website was already dead, I had lots of free time (I'm semi-retired). I got the essentials working such as ratings (back to 2006) & upcoming events. Then along came 3 other non-CFC IT projects that were somewhat urgent as well as a minor surgery, which slowed progress. My free time is now back so progress should resume speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Excellent! Let's collect whatever points people make during this meeting, and then at least you and I can continuw with a Skype/Zoom later this month.

Bien a vous, Aris.
    Sounds good to me Gentlemen! Let us get the process started.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567