Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Annual General Meeting - REPORT ON ELECTIONS

Default 2020 Annual General Meeting - REPORT ON ELECTIONS

REPORT ON ELECTION RESULTS

Note to members: Please note that except as noted on the Chess Foundation Trustees, all positions serve till the close of the 2021 Annual Meeting

1. Election of CFC Voting Members for non-affiliated provinces:

CFC Voting Members (Quebec)

Richard Bérubé, Éric Guipi Bopala, Vadim Tsypin

CFC Voting Members (Yukon) - vacant

2. 2020-2021 CFC BOARD OF DIRECTORS (aka 'The National Executive')

President - Vlad Drkulec

Vice-President - Egidijus Zeromskis

Secretary – Lyle Craver

Treasurer – Fred McKim

Youth Coordinator – Christina Tao

FIDE Representative – Hal Bond

Director at Large - Mark DuttON

3. CFC OFFICERS

Rating Auditor – Paul Leblanc

Women's Chess Coordinator - Pierre Dénommée

Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees (term of office noted in bracket)
    2016-2020 Paul Leblanc
    2017-2021 Hans Jung
    2018-2022 Hugh Brodie
    2019-2023 Lloyd Lombard
    2019-2020 Ian Findlay

Kalev Pugi Fund Trustees
    - Felix Dumont
    - Michael Lo
    - Christina Tao

National Appeals Committee

- Ilia Bluvshtein
    - Pierre Dénommée
    - Mark Dutton
    - Aris Marghetis
    - Stephen Wright

Respectfully submitted,

Lyle Craver
    Secretary, The Chess Federation of Canada

Is it possible to see how the vote was divided (like here http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...ULTS-OF-VOTING )..or maybe I missed the moment when the vote became secret?

Thank you,
    Nikolay

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay Noritsyn View Post
    Is it possible to see how the vote was divided (like here http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...ULTS-OF-VOTING )..or maybe I missed the moment when the vote became secret?

Thank you,
    Nikolay
    It is a secret ballot so that is not possible and I don't believe we have ever revealed the result of votes even back when votes were in person. Pieces of paper were passed around for the votes and the papers folded and placed in a container and then counted by Lyle in the one or two in-person AGM meetings that I recall.

Upon further investigation - it seems, results on motions on quarterly meetings have always been public, while voting on AGM was not. Not sure why that is, but it seems to be the case.

Thank you,
    Nikolay
    In an election voting, votes were always (that's probably 10 years and a little bit) secret ones.

Though, a sign-in shall be public or at least visible to VM to my understanding. It is not a membership list, but WHO is attending the meeting indeed.
    .*-1

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    In an election voting, votes were always (that's probably 10 years and a little bit) secret ones.

Though, a sign-in shall be public or at least visible to VM to my understanding. It is not a membership list, but WHO is attending the meeting indeed.
    One more question/concern - does anyone see the results of the voting with all the names of the people that voted? If a vote is secret, there must be some neutral (not the current executive) party observing the integrity of the voting results.

One more question/concern - does anyone see the results of the voting with all the names of the people that voted? If a vote is secret, there must be some neutral (not the current executive) party observing the integrity of the voting results.
    In principle, the forum database should keep who voted how. The Administrator (Chris Mallon - ?) would have access to them.

As I read the NFA the ballot (a secret vote) shall be requested.

165 (1) Subject to section 171 and the by-laws, voting at a meeting of members shall be by show of hands, except if a ballot is demanded by a member entitled to vote at the meeting.

Ballot

(2) A member may demand a ballot either before or after any vote by show of hands.
    .*-1

Usually I did not care much about personal voting, but in 2016, when CFC voted for changes in Olympic rules, I could see the name of VMs who voted for my proposal or against it.

Blog Entries

Traditionally, any election for Executive, Officer, Committee Member or Voting Member of unaffiliated province is by secret ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    In principle, the forum database should keep who voted how. The Administrator (Chris Mallon - ?) would have access to them.

As I read the NFA the ballot (a secret vote) shall be requested.

165 (1) Subject to section 171 and the by-laws, voting at a meeting of members shall be by show of hands, except if a ballot is demanded by a member entitled to vote at the meeting.

Ballot

(2) A member may demand a ballot either before or after any vote by show of hands.
    If this is indeed the case, I find it acceptable (administrator Chris Mallon acting as a neutral party). Maybe the executive can confirm that Chris is indeed the only administrator on the forum that has access to the voting results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast