Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 11.1 Presidential Campaign Thread

Default Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I also consider you a friend and that is why this election campaign (not the election) was hurtful. I hope for the sake of chess in Canada we can get beyond it.
    Congratulations Vlad on your re-election as President.
    I also want to thank all the 45 members who were inspired to vote, especially those of you who hoped for a change.
    This has been a great experience and I have no ill will against any one. However, I have noticed that our governance need to be updated and be more transparent.
    I am still calling for a modern, healthy and meaningful strategic plan. I am here offering my services to create and update one.

Respectfully,
    Mahmud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmud Hassain View Post
    Congratulations Vlad on your re-election as President.
    I also want to thank all the 45 members who were inspired to vote, especially those of you who hoped for a change.
    This has been a great experience and I have no ill will against any one. However, I have noticed that our governance need to be updated and be more transparent.
    I am still calling for a modern, healthy and meaningful strategic plan. I am here offering my services to create and update one.

Respectfully,
    Mahmud
    Thank you for your vigorous campaign which generated so much interest. In past years you might have won in a landslide with the much lower turnouts.

We will likely take you up on that and form a committee to update the strategic plan. As I mentioned there is someone working on that already so perhaps several voting members and interested individuals in the chess community can join that effort. Perhaps some of the disgruntled could contribute to that vision.

The most important thing this moment is to find a way to survive the next year or two given the effects of the covid crisis on every aspect of our business. We will also need to address what to do with the voting members and formula for determining how many members from each province. We averted a crisis by extending memberships but if the virus continues to be a problem perhaps we should implement a freeze on changing the numbers for the length of the crisis. I would hate for the memberships to drop below 1000 abruptly and then abruptly we have to cut the voting members based on the formula drop to 20. There would still be additional officers and the executive.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 08-23-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Blog Entries

I would like to thank everyone of the voting members who voted for me and offered encouragement during this campaign, especially the ones who worked in the background and that I didn't even know about at the time. I would like to thank everyone that voted. Hopefully we can have a tough presidential election every year with strong candidates with duelling visions without the spectre of a pandemic casting a shadow over our lives and our federation. The message that I got loud and clear is that we need more transparency even as we have been more transparent than any other administration. I am okay with that. We can't always be transparent when it involves a personnel matter but in all other cases where legally prudent I am willing to provide a higher level of transparency.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213