Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.8 Nominations for CFC Ratings Auditor

Default 4.8 Nominations for CFC Ratings Auditor

Please make your nominations for CFC Ratings Auditor here

nominations close at 6pm ET - day 3, elections continue through 6pm ET - day 6)

Blog Entries

From English Chat thread: Tony Li

Blog Entries

Paul Leblanc has indicated interest in continuing in this volunteer position and so I nominate him for this position.

I am very pleased to nominate Paul Leblanc who has done an outstanding job as the CFC Ratings Auditor for a number of years now.

I know Paul for many years and I appreciate his job. Last many years (since 2012) we had no inflation and no deflation.

The only point I disagree with the current system is about foreign players who has no CFC rating (or their CFC rating is old and irrelevant). I guess, we should give them starting CFC rating as FIDE + 120 (or at least FIDE + 100).

We discussed this problem a few times, but likely Paul has slightly different opinion about it.

Having said this, I fully support Paul Leblanc for this position.

Victor, thank you for your support. I am willing to have another look at the starting ratings for players with established ratings elsewhere.
    Can you e-mail me with a proposal that I can discuss? Ideally, let me know if you think it should apply at all rating levels or perhaps just above 2000 or something like that.
    Also, to be fair to USCF and FQE members, would you give me your opinion on that too?
    It should be noted that organizers and TDs are not bound by the policy on assignment of initial ratings when it comes to section placement and prize eligibility. They will exercise judgement based on
    their particular situation. The adjustment would come at the CFC office when rating the first event.
    But once a player has one CFC event under their belt, they would have the CFC rating that we consider fair.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Blog Entries

Tony Li has withdrawn his name from the race for rating auditor. Post 54.

https://forum.chesstalk.com/forum/ch...-auditor/page4

My proposal:

1. If a player has no CFC rating, but has FIDE rating, his starting CFC rating will be FIDE + 120. If a player from USA has no FIDE rating as well, but has established USCF rating, his starting CFC rating will be USCF + 60.

2. If a foreign player did not play a CFC-rated game for more than 5 years, his CFC rating becomes irrelevant and will be adjusted to FIDE + 120.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    My proposal:

1. If a player has no CFC rating, but has FIDE rating, his starting CFC rating will be FIDE + 120. If a player from USA has no FIDE rating as well, but has established USCF rating, his starting CFC rating will be USCF + 60.

2. If a foreign player did not play a CFC-rated game for more than 5 years, his CFC rating becomes irrelevant and will be adjusted to FIDE + 120.
    I think we already have a rule that if foreign players are inactive in CFC for more than a year, they re-start.

If we are happy using those ratings, what about QC players with only FQE ratings (presumably this might be most QC players at some point in time) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I think we already have a rule that if foreign players are inactive in CFC for more than a year, they re-start.

If we are happy using those ratings, what about QC players with only FQE ratings (presumably this might be most QC players at some point in time) ?
    1. 1 year looks very short period to me. 3 or 5 years is OK. But most important: not CFC=FIDE, but CFC=FIDE+120

2. Honestly, I have no idea about FQE rating and ratio CFC-FQE. Need to think about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast