Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
Yes, I understand and appreciate your point. I guess if the rear-side camera is good enough, we can skip this step, and replace it instead with something like:

Another possibility, which was Fred's good idea, especially as the pandemic winds down, is that the appealing player is simply matched against a CFC rep to play against, in a semi-public place (can include a local chess club). As long as there's a way for an appealing player to prove themselves without any cheating doubt.

The CFC rep-player would be appointed by the CFC, which could actually be a new CFC Online Commitee that receives appeals to Fair Play -related suspensions.
That would be nice if the player plays consistently. More then one game should be played if the player is inconsistent. I agree that fighting cheating in the lower levelz is error prone. As a former member of the Rule Commission ounce told me : FIDE makes rules for serious players (read high rated players). This is why you will not see a rule for intentional illegal moves for example. Professional chess players do not risk their reputation doing that. The FIDE anti cheating rules also targets serious play. Statistical analysis is much better with more games and serious players have their games in databases. For weaker players, we may have to contact their opponents in OTB tournaments to get real games.

We cannot give-up because the task is hard. I was part of the team that caught the first convicted Quebec OTB cheater and I can confirm that is not easy to obtain the required level of confidence.