Thread: Presidential Message 27 July 2009

Default Presidential Message 27 July 2009

Greetings CFC members,

Communication with the President

Please send emails to president@chess.ca
    Currently, my laptop is in repairs so I have no residential access to the internet which includes chesstalk.

Budget

I have conferred with the VP regarding the budget. Consultations with the Executive Director will help refine the income figures for this fiscal year. Then, I will be passing the budget to the Treasurer and the rest of the Executive for feedback. My goal is to present a revised budget to the CFC governors no later than 12 August 2009 for their feedback..

Newsletter

I have a tentative budget for the Newsletter. The electronic newsletter will be published and distributed on a monthly basis, perhaps mid-month with regularity. While the pages can vary, it is my hope that the newsletter will be at least eight pages per month. The tentative budget should be able to pay for two columns by FIDE titled players and a small honorarium for the Editor. The newsletter should also have content in both official languages, that is, French and English.

I invite any interest parties to contact myself. So far I have one person from Ontario who has expressed interest.

National Championships

As I have stated before, the 2009 AGM of Incoming Governors received no bids.

Regarding the 2010 WYCC, I, as well as the Youth Coordinator, Michael Barron, have been in discussion with John Coleman of Windsor as he did submit a letter of intent.

While the exact budget of the CFC has not been finalized, I am recommending to have a line item for grants that will be available to successful bidders for the national championships. As we all know, the current economic times (recession) do not easily support a forecast of the usual attendance for Canadian national championships. I am still confident that the national championships will be organized in some form for 2010.

Travel

While I cannot promise, I will try to travel to this year’s Canada Closed in Guelph and the Montreal Open to say a few short words on behalf of the CFC.

Cheers, Eric Van Dusen.

"Regarding the 2010 WYCC, I, as well as the Youth Coordinator, Michael Barron, have been in discussion with John Coleman of Windsor as he did submit a letter of intent."

I am assuming you are referring to the 2010 CYCC, would that be correct?

In any event, the Calgary Junior Chess Club will be putting forth a bid for 2010. The will be sending in a letter of intent, and are currently putting together a bid.

Hi Tony,

Yes, all of the national championships are for 2010, including the 2010 CYCC.

I as well as the governors will be looking forward to your submission.

Chees, Eric.

Hi Eric,

I am mistaken. The Calgary Junior Chess Club will be bidding on the Canadian Junior, and not the CYCC. Sorry for any confusion.

Default Correction: Two parties interested in Newsletter Editor

Greetings CFC members,

There are two CFC members interested in occupying the position of Editor of the Newsletter.

Cheers, Eric Van Dusen.