View Poll Results: Should you be penalized for wearing a non-smart watch to a chess game.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 17.86%
  • No

23 82.14%

Thread: CFC Voting Members Quarterly Meeting Feb 16 to 23, 2020

Blog Entries

Default CFC Voting Members Quarterly Meeting Feb 16 to 23, 2020

At the moment I can't access the admin portion of the CFC forums. I have not heard from Lyle Craver so I am not sure if he is experiencing the same problem or if some other crisis or issue has prevented him from starting the meeting. I think that we should hold the meeting here until we can get these issues sorted out. The meeting will not be open to the public until we can access the admin account and move the posts into public view.

Blog Entries

Default Agenda

CFC Winter Quarterly meeting Feb 16 to 23, 2020
    1. Agenda
    2. Opening Comments of Chair
    3. voting member Sign-in - sign in by voting for any of the options
    4. Reports (Executive members and Officers please post your reports here)
    A. President
    B. Vice President
    C. Secretary
    D. Board Member at Large

E. FIDE Representative
    F. Youth Coordinator
    G. Masters Representative
    H. Woman’s Coordinator
    I. Rating Auditor
    J. Chess Foundation of Canada
    K. Kalev Pugi Fund
    L. Treasurer
    M. Executive Director: Financial Report

5A Discussion Items
    1) Bids for National Events
    2) Canadian Sports Tourism Alliance
    3) Developments and Directions in Canadian Chess
    4) CFC Handbook
    5) Digitizing and Making Available CFC Bulletins, Documents

6) New business

5B Motions No motions have yet been received.

Part II "The Voting Booth" Voting on motions

Attention voting members: the voting period if required is day 4 through day 7
    6.Voting on motions
    Part II At end of meeting
    7. Closing Comments by Chair
    8. Adjournment
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 02-17-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries

I would like to welcome everyone to this meeting of the voting members. I am still not sure why the meeting did not start as scheduled. I do not have access to the portion of the website which allows me to unhide the meeting room area. I am not sure if this is because I am not using the right account or if there is some other issue. Hopefully Lyle will be able to step in very soon. Until he does we will have to have the meeting in the voting members forum which is not open to the public.

Aside from the issue with the meeting, the Chess Federation of Canada is doing well and continuing to build on an improving outlook in member numbers and consequent improved financial situation. I have not yet seen the most recent financials which hopefully will be out before the end of the meeting but everything seems to be getting better and better.

At the end of March, Hal Bond and I will be attending the Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance conference in Edmonton. We will likely meet with approximately 30 or more communities interested in sponsoring chess events in their communities. This will be our third year attending and has led to a significant number of bids and sponsorship of those bids already. We are still feeling our way around all the implications of our new reality but it has certainly made the job of our executive much easier when it comes to tournaments like the Canadian Open and Canadian Closed.

Blog Entries

I would like to say something about the issues with this meeting. Lyle Craver usually runs these meetings very well. We usually run the meetings in a forum called the meeting room which is hidden between meetings. In the absence of Lyle there should be a way to unhide the meeting room whereupon we could move all of the posts here into the meeting room which is set up to allow the appropriate people permission to post. I have managed to get into the admin panel but I can't seem to find the right place to look in order to find and unhide that forum. That is why we have to have the meeting here. If we have the meeting somewhere else we would not be able to restrict the meeting to voting members. I really hope that everything is okay with Lyle as we really miss his steady hand.

At one point, probably when we upgraded the software or when we were flushing out hackers, I lost some privileges which were later restored but maybe not fully. At one point, I could access a screen that let me unhide the meetng room area but it is possible that I might be mistaken on that. I know that I can't find that screen at the moment so perhaps I don't have permission to access it or perhaps it has moved and I just can't find it.

Blog Entries

Financials are largely ready and look good. Not to steal any of Fred McKim's thunder we are setting aside $10,000 for the Olympiad teams in the first six months of fiscal 2020 ending October 31st (after doing the same in last year's financial statements). Already we have $20,000 of the Olympiad budget covered before we reach fiscal 2021 when the expenditure will actually occur.

Hi folks - rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated and while I was laid out for several days last week with a terrific cold (slept on the couch all week to avoid infecting Milady - including on Valentine's Day!!) I can't blame my condition for my confusion on the meeting dates which somehow I had a week later than is in fact the case. The main outcome of my cold was avoiding my e-mail for several days and for sure I would have spotted my error quickly. But I cannot in honesty blame it completely on the cold as I only missed two days altogether. Mea culpa mea maxima culpa which is Latin for 'I am guilty I am truly guilty' and plead your forgiveness for flubbing on what was indisputably a week from hell.

Blog Entries

I will close the meeting later today when I return from my lessons at about 11 pm after responding to any final posts which require a response. The extra length hopefully makes up for the late start.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I will close the meeting later today when I return from my lessons at about 11 pm after responding to any final posts which require a response. The extra length hopefully makes up for the late start.
    So is this meeting closed now? Thanks