Thread: New Year's resolutions for 2020

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Default New Year's resolutions for 2020

My New Year's resolutions for 2020 will just be my three usual ones, namely:

1. Save money;
    2. Lose weight;
    3. Improve at chess (and chess variants that I play).

They're all kind of related, in that losing weight helps for improving at chess (& CVs), and saving money by not dining out as much will help lose weight.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Blog Entries

Top 10 New Year's Resolutions List:

https://www.goskills.com/Soft-Skills...rs-resolutions
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post

1. Save money;
    2. Lose weight;

They're all kind of related, in that losing weight helps for improving at chess (& CVs), and saving money by not dining out as much will help lose weight.

Mostly due to the covid-19 pandemic I had little trouble saving money this year. Losing weight was another story, though it hardly got worse. I just played chess variants games (and a small number of chess games) on chessvariants.com, pretty well keeping my overall rating for that website about what it was at the end of 2019.

My New Year's resolutions for 2021 will still be the three usual ones (see above).

Happy New Year!

Blog Entries

1. Save money;
    2. Lose weight;

My usual New Year's resolutions, when applied to 2021, have turned out well on all counts, so far (though Xmas eating has just begun) - I've taken up a few new chess variants (for me) online at chessvariants.com, though my chess rating there has taken a slight hit due to one well-prepared opponent.

My 2022 New Year's resolutions will still be the usual three, as mentioned in the quoted passage.

Happy New Year!

Blog Entries

My usual New Year's resolutions, when applied to 2021, have turned out well on all counts, so far (though Xmas eating has just begun) - I've taken up a few new chess variants (for me) online at chessvariants.com, though my chess rating there has taken a slight hit due to one well-prepared opponent.

My 2022 New Year's resolutions will still be the usual three, as mentioned in the [first post of this thread].

Happy New Year!
    My usual New Year's resolutions, when applied to 2022, didn't turn out so well. In moving to Orleans, in East End Ottawa, I lost most of my pandemic fears and spent plenty of $ eating out - thus cash and weight took a hit (though I initially lost more than I ultimately gained back, in pounds, when first settling in Orleans). On chessvariants.com my overall rating at CVs has declined slowly but steadily (the effects of ageing? - I'm 60+), though at least I am still the highest rated at orthodox chess on that website.

My 2023 New Year's resolutions will still be the usual three, as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Happy New Year!

Blog Entries

My usual New Year's resolutions, when applied to 2022, didn't turn out so well. In moving to Orleans, in East End Ottawa, I lost most of my pandemic fears and spent plenty of $ eating out - thus cash and weight took a hit (though I initially lost more than I ultimately gained back, in pounds, when first settling in Orleans). On chessvariants.com my overall rating at CVs has declined slowly but steadily (the effects of ageing? - I'm 60+), though at least I am still the highest rated at orthodox chess on that website.

My 2023 New Year's resolutions will still be the usual three, as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Happy New Year!
    For me, 2023 was much the same story as for 2022, except my overall rating at CVs has stayed about the same.

My 2024 New Year's resolutions will still be the usual three, as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Happy New Year in 2024!